Buenos Aires B&B - 1555 Malabia House

aztex

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at this B&B recently and what your impressions were? Also, is this part of the city, Palermo Viejo - Soho, a good location for shopping, restaurants and seeing the city?

Thanks for any input.

Gil

Jerry,

Thank you for your help. The neighborhood is Soho Porteno and the location is 1555 Malabia, between Honduras and Gorriti. It is 2 blocks from Plaza Cortazar y Palermo Viejo. Av Scalabrini Ortiz and Armenia are the other streets that enclose the block.

Hope this helps pin it down.

Gil

Hi - I know that area well. It happens to be where I first lived in a temporary apartment before the embaassy gave me a permanent residence. It's in a good area - within walking distance of the U.S. Embassy - near the zoo (which is not very spectacular) - near the botanical gardens. You have a disco supermarket around the corner and you're not far from Santa fe - where there is plenty of great shopping - including a ffairly new mall. As I stated previously, anything in the Palermo section (Palermo chico or Palermo viejo) is pretty good! There are plenty of good restauraants in the area - but one of the best iss opposite the embassy - called Rio Alba - they have great beef.

Muchas Gracias, Jerry. Yo voy a Buenos Aires en 2006, but we plan to stay at 1555 Malabia for a few days prior to our cruise. Sounds like a great location for what we have in mind.

La informacion es muy importante para mi viaje, mil gracias.

Gil

Archived