Just back from the Victory...any questions?

Amy08080

April, I can answer your question about the formal nights - 1 vs 2. Most of the folks who have sailed on the Victory recently were on 7 night sailings and had 2 formal nights. Our sailing on June 3rd is only a 6 night sailing so we only have 1 formal night. At least everything I have read from Carnival has said that. ;)

Sorry I can't answer your question about the Birth Certificates.

April, I can answer your question about the formal nights - 1 vs 2. Most of the folks who have sailed on the Victory recently were on 7 night sailings and had 2 formal nights. Our sailing on June 3rd is only a 6 night sailing so we only have 1 formal night. At least everything I have read from Carnival has said that. ;)

Sorry I can't answer your question about the Birth Certificates.

Hi...Thanks for letting me I thought that is what carnival had told me but I wasn't sure...Are you on that same cruise? I haven't seen to many people yet that will be on that cruise.

April - Yes, I am on your same cruise - June 3 out of Norfolk. I remembered you from our roll call thread. It's not too hard to remember people since not many have posted on our thread ;)

HI Jannam...Yes I did see you on there after you left the last response..I have alot going on that I forgot who all had posted anything and yes you are right not many have. I have got a few more responses from carnivalconnections, but still as of now not as many as I thought being this far away.

Hi Amy08080

I have a question for you. Do you know if carnival (victory) charges $200 per person once you board the ship for whatever reasons? I read this somewhere and was just wondering. I know you have to put something down for your sail and sign account but thats all up to you. I would appreciate any info you have.

April

OK, you asked if anyone had any questions, you may be sorry. I have cruised before but never on Carnival, so here goes:

1. Do they have a drink of the day like other cruise lines disney has it for like $3.50

2. I think I understand that there are 2 restaurants for your assigned dinner, and you can only go to that restaurant? What is the name of the 2 restaurants?

3. What is the Meditteranen restaurant, is that a buffet that you can go to instead of the main restaurant? Do they have breakfast and lunch?

4. Is there a restaurant that you can have sit down breakfast or lunch?

5. How were the pools? Were they clean?

6. How did you feel about them charging for the tips before hand? Did you feel like you would have tipped more, or less?

7. How did you find out about the excursions on your own? Someone mentioned the Dunns River Falls Excursion and a gentleman's name. Was there a website of some sort that you found, or did you just see these people when you got off the boat?

8. How were the shows? Was there one club that was for shows alone?

9. Did they have midnight buffets everynite?

10. What did you think of the boat itself? The last 2 cruises we went Disney and it was stellar, so I'm hoping that I won't be disappointed.

11. Did you feel like there were a lot of kids running around unattended?

if you could answer these questions, it would really help!!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE WHO CAN ANSWER FOR ME!!!!!

OK, you asked if anyone had any questions, you may be sorry. I have cruised before but never on Carnival, so here goes:

1. Do they have a drink of the day like other cruise lines disney has it for like $3.50

2. I think I understand that there are 2 restaurants for your assigned dinner, and you can only go to that restaurant? What is the name of the 2 restaurants?

3. What is the Meditteranen restaurant, is that a buffet that you can go to instead of the main restaurant? Do they have breakfast and lunch?

4. Is there a restaurant that you can have sit down breakfast or lunch?

5. How were the pools? Were they clean?

6. How did you feel about them charging for the tips before hand? Did you feel like you would have tipped more, or less?

7. How did you find out about the excursions on your own? Someone mentioned the Dunns River Falls Excursion and a gentleman's name. Was there a website of some sort that you found, or did you just see these people when you got off the boat?

8. How were the shows? Was there one club that was for shows alone?

9. Did they have midnight buffets everynite?

10. What did you think of the boat itself? The last 2 cruises we went Disney and it was stellar, so I'm hoping that I won't be disappointed.

11. Did you feel like there were a lot of kids running around unattended?

if you could answer these questions, it would really help!!!! THANKS IN ADVANCE TO ANYONE WHO CAN ANSWER FOR ME!!!!!

1. Yes, drink of the day in a souvenier cup is 6.95 plus tax and 15% tip, refill 5.95 ++, regular size 3.75-ish.

2. Pacific and Atlantic dining rooms.

3. Mediterranean - buffet - breakfast I know for sure.

4. Yes, sit down (if I remember) in Pacific. Think it's the same for lunch, or may be Atlantic. (Sorry, still running on Caribbean pace and didn't want to go upstairs to check the Capers)

5. Didn't go in the pools but there were lots of people of all ages in them.

6. Tips. We leave the auto tips on the S&S card, then tipped extra cash when we felt appropriate. We have no problem with it.

7. Excursions. We didn't plan anything in advance. Rented a golf cart for $55 in Costa Maya, went to Majahual. Grand Cayman took a trip to Stingray City and snorkling for $30 (Japanese gal, small boat, maybe 20 of us). Others were charging $40 for same tour. Jamaica constantly bothered by cab drivers. Ended up paying $15 pp for real short tour (sister-in-law spent way too much time shopping or we might have seen more). Driver took us to a restaurant, really nice, Jamaican shrimp and baked potato $16.

8. We only saw one whole show- one of the midnight comedy shows. (I didn't think he was very funny but others did). All shows in the Caribbean Lounge.

9. Don't remember about midnight buffets every night. If you've seen one gala buffet, you've seen 'em all.

10. Never been on Disney. Victory definitely cleaner than Destiny, though.

11. Unfortunately yes there were kids unattended. Some even running in dining room. Ages probably 8-11 or so.

Be glad to answer any other questions, if I can.

Thanks so much! The only difference was that I called Carnival and they said the drink refills were $2.00. If I can think of anything else I'll ask, thanks again!

It may depend on the size of the refills. The ones in the souvenier cup could be more.

Thanks for checking on this. Maybe next time I'll try ordering "regular sized" refills. I didn't know they existed!:o

I just returned from victory as well. It was outstanding. I have no complaints. Had no clue of any "fights' going on. We were on the empress deck and it was awesome. Food, enterainment, Butch the cruise director is perfect for the job. We are anticipating our next cruise to Eastern Carribean and will go with Victory in a heartbeat!!

Glad you had a great cruise.

Thanks for all of the info on the Victory.

We're on her this August.

Umm...I do have a question.

Does the Victory or any of the Carnivals Ships

have Specialty Resturants?

(Steak House, French, Japanese..)

;)

Glad you had a great cruise.

Thanks for all of the info on the Victory.

We're on her this August.

Umm...I do have a question.

Does the Victory or any of the Carnivals Ships

have Specialty Resturants?

(Steak House, French, Japanese..)

;)

I can only comment on the Victory and Destiny. If you're referring to the "supper club" type (where you have to pay extra for a fancy schmancy dinner), neither of these ships have them.

We did all of our shore excursions privately. We saved a ton and had an excellent time. No matter what anyone says, Don't be afraid to book something on shore. We went to Stingray City with Justin and his crew on Grand Cayman. It was the most amazing thing ever! We paid about $30pp but they were selling the same tour onboard for about $70. I could go on and on....any questions????

I was just wondering if you had the same operator we had last week. When we got off the tender, there were lots of people holding signs selling tours for $40 but there was a Japanese gal with a sign that said $30. They were providing the same thing as the $40 tours - Stingray City, snorkling, punch and water on the boat. We had less than 20 people on our boat. It was great with the stingrays. Got to feed, hold and kiss one!!

And when we went to the snorkling spot, this gal was so patient with me (I claim to be the original chicken of the sea). She's a certified diving instructor and was a huge help.

I know we're not allowed to give names unless someone asks for them, but I figured this was enough info to confirm the tour operator. Either way, it was a great time.

1. Yes, drink of the day in a souvenier cup is 6.95 plus tax and 15% tip, refill 5.95 ++, regular size 3.75-ish.

2. Pacific and Atlantic dining rooms.

3. Mediterranean - buffet - breakfast I know for sure.

4. Yes, sit down (if I remember) in Pacific. Think it's the same for lunch, or may be Atlantic. (Sorry, still running on Caribbean pace and didn't want to go upstairs to check the Capers)

5. Didn't go in the pools but there were lots of people of all ages in them.

6. Tips. We leave the auto tips on the S&S card, then tipped extra cash when we felt appropriate. We have no problem with it.

7. Excursions. We didn't plan anything in advance. Rented a golf cart for $55 in Costa Maya, went to Majahual. Grand Cayman took a trip to Stingray City and snorkling for $30 (Japanese gal, small boat, maybe 20 of us). Others were charging $40 for same tour. Jamaica constantly bothered by cab drivers. Ended up paying $15 pp for real short tour (sister-in-law spent way too much time shopping or we might have seen more). Driver took us to a restaurant, really nice, Jamaican shrimp and baked potato $16.

8. We only saw one whole show- one of the midnight comedy shows. (I didn't think he was very funny but others did). All shows in the Caribbean Lounge.

9. Don't remember about midnight buffets every night. If you've seen one gala buffet, you've seen 'em all.

10. Never been on Disney. Victory definitely cleaner than Destiny, though.

11. Unfortunately yes there were kids unattended. Some even running in dining room. Ages probably 8-11 or so.

Be glad to answer any other questions, if I can.

I wasn't planning on doing an excursion in Costa Maya just going to the beach but the golfcart may be a fun way to get there for the kids. How many people could fit on the golf cart and where did you get it?

I wasn't planning on doing an excursion in Costa Maya just going to the beach but the golfcart may be a fun way to get there for the kids. How many people could fit on the golf cart and where did you get it?

Four on the cart. Once you get past the "street vendors" and out the gate where the taxis pick up, it's the very last booth on the right.

If we go there next year (and if everyone who says they want to go really go) we'll have a group of about 10-12. The plan is to then rent one cart and have someone drive back and forth from Majahual to the port.

If you know of another group planning to do the same thing, this may save a couple of bucks. Once you get to Majahual (I'm sure I'm not spelling this right:o ), there's really no need to have transportation to see anything else there.

Hope this helps.

Archived