Newbie no more ... just back from The Holiday!

bamaphotopro

I will have to ask my friend about the bus, we went around 1987 and back then, the bus had a small ramp on each end and a platform that allowed you to be levelled with the windows. Through the windows they would serve you the Breakfast starting at 1am. This was mainly set up for the gamblers since they were the only ones up past 1am. Same type of breakfast you would see today, scramble, bacon, taters etc.

Where the tables are in this picture is where the platform was. Chances are some drunk person fell off the platform and they had to close it down.

1_39_pub_85_Bus_Stop_320.jpg

When DH and I were on sister ship Celebration in '05, they had a trolley car (instead of a bus) and they served sushi from it from 5 to 8pm every night:) It looked very sad when no one was using it during the day:(

I have read somewhere on cc about a $200 pp that they automatically put a hold on your credit or checking account. If there are 2 people going will that be 200 or 400 and do they use that $$ first or thats just held until you leave the ship and credited back to your card? How exactly does this work? we will be leaving on the Holiday on 4/28/07 and I am very curious about how every1 dresses for dinner in the dining room, can ou wear shorts, jeans, or does it have to be more dressy clothes? Thanx for all your help!

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. Are you booked for your next yet??:cool:

LOL! No, but I'm checking the CCL website at least twice daily! :D Always looking for a bargain, you know. I figure we'll go back in Jan/Feb of '08 and this time we'll take our two grown daughters ... I think they'll like the male singers and dancers onboard the Holiday, particularly Igor & Dimitry.

Personally, I took a shine to Julie ... cute gal! ;)

- Bama

The Holiday had the bus, the Celebration had the trolley, and the Jubilee had the Gazebo. All three had wonderful breakfast buffets at 1:00 a.m. It was wonderful...finish gambling for the evening, walk out to the smell of fresh bacon,...mmmm. I really miss the good ole days--late night breakfasts,, free rum swizzles on the first night, and hats and leis the last night at dinner.

I am very curious about how every1 dresses for dinner in the dining room, can ou wear shorts, jeans, or does it have to be more dressy clothes? Thanx for all your help!

On non formal nights, it is resort casual, no shorts or t shirts are allowed.

Most men wear slacks/khakis with button up shirts, women wear everything from dresses to capri's with nice tops.

Think of what you would wear to a nice restaurant.

The dress requirements will be stated in your cruise doc's.

Archived