Has anyone ever seen a ghost on a cruise ship?

Attack Dog

I've never heard of a haunted cruise ship except the Queen Mary. However, there is a lot of folklore concerning ghost ships, and pirate ghosts. Also there are a few stories that come out every year about someone dying on a cruise ship. I've never seen a ghost on a cruise ship but I was wondering if there is anyone here who was or at least beleave they have seen a ghost? Or has anyone heard of any ghost stories from other cruisers while on a cruise?

I did hear from the a cruise director that the Facination has a ghost with a drinking problem. The spirit makes alcohol disappear that is left out in the open outside your cabin door during disembarkation.:)

I've never heard of a haunted cruise ship except the Queen Mary. However, there is a lot of folklore concerning ghost ships, and pirate ghosts. Also there are a few stories that come out every year about someone dying on a cruise ship. I've never seen a ghost on a cruise ship but I was wondering if there is anyone here who was or at least beleave they have seen a ghost? Or has anyone heard of any ghost stories from other cruisers while on a cruise?

I did hear from the a cruise director that the Facination has a ghost with a drinking problem. The spirit makes alcohol disappear that is left out in the open outside your cabin door during disembarkation.:)

I am sure that "ghost" is a thieving steward that has not been caught yet.

as far as the queen Mary, she is docked in Los angles and is now a musemn and hotel. Only the queen Mary II, her sucessor can you take cruises on.

I did see a TV show once that claimed on one of the Delta Queen ships, a ship that has been in service since the 1940's that there is a ghost, a former woman purser who died on the ship. Sounds like to me though a way to get a lot of business.

I love ghosts and desire having one in my home, but it's too new and no one has died here (yet ;) ).

I also have no doubt in my mind that any and all ghost stories are the vivid imagination and blind belief that many people have. I've been on Queen Mary a number of times, touring the ship, staying onboard, Sunday Brunch. The Ghost tour is the very best, campy and fun.

Now, for your answer to the stolen booze by anyone onboard. They put the booze inside your stateroom, never outside the door. Anyone who has it missing has either left it behind by accident or it was taken from their stateroom while the door was left open. I seriously doubt any ship employee would steal even a paper clip from pax, they all know what would happen to them if caught.

Many ships have morgue facilities onboard, some even have morticians. People can and do die onboard ships, there is a huge elderly population that favors cruising. The ones who die because they commit suicide or got drunk enough to foolishly jump off (no one falls off), well I would think their ghost would be in the ocean, not the ship.

But, even though I'm a non-believer of real ghosts, I'd still like to have my own, to blame them when I cannot recall where I put my glasses, drink, pen, coffee cup, etc...and who didn't lock the door or left the window open or left all the lights on ;) :confused: !

Was never a believer in ghosts until I saw one in a very old Natchez inn many years ago. Now, I DO believe.

I was touring the Queen Mary in Long Beach a few years ago, and really, really tried to see a ghost, prepared to jump outta my skin.......alas, no ghost appeared for me.

The ghost with a drinking problem was part of a joke that a cruise director cracked during the disembarkation talk. He was telling people to carry off their beverages rather than leave them in your luggage or worse in one of those shop on board boxes to be picked up outside your door.

If anyone is following this thread I've found these links:

http:/http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=247827/boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=280732&highlight=ghost

It did occur to me that I've seen lots of spirits at past guest parties and the Captain Cocktale Party.

Thanks for posting that link, it was interesting reading. I don't think I want any new "friends" like that on my vacation. Please post if you find any other ghost stories, like someone in that other thread it beats all of the jeans and chair hogging threads.

How about, Confessions of a cruise ship ghost hunter? Instead of Confessions of a chair hogger. What ever it was called.

Did you notice that the link was actually 2 seprate links. For some reason the website ran both of them together. If you click on the begining instead of the end or vice versa it will take you to 2 places.

I didn't notice that there were 2 links, I tried to click all over it but it just keeps taking me to the navaleye thread. Is there another? I like the confessions of a cruise ship ghost hunter title.

I didn't notice that there were 2 links, I tried to click all over it but it just keeps taking me to the navaleye thread. Is there another? I like the confessions of a cruise ship ghost hunter title.

The link just did the same thing to me. Let's see if this works:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=280732

Archived