Nassau, anyone ever been to Sandy Cay?

bubbles1209

I probably should have put this in the ports of call section, but I'll try here 1st. Anyone ever heard of or been to Sandy Cay while in Nassau? I stumbled across this island by mistake last night while surfing the net, and read where this island was used as the backdrop for Gilligan's Island:eek: I'd love to have a pic with the caption just sit right back & you'll hear a tale.....:p It would be cool to take some pics of it, and get to it if possible while we are there. Anyone ever been? Thanks in advance:)

I probably should have put this in the ports of call section, but I'll try here 1st. Anyone ever heard of or been to Sandy Cay while in Nassau? I stumbled across this island by mistake last night while surfing the net, and read where this island was used as the backdrop for Gilligan's Island:eek: I'd love to have a pic with the caption just sit right back & you'll hear a tale.....:p It would be cool to take some pics of it, and get to it if possible while we are there. Anyone ever been? Thanks in advance:)

Here's another Photo from a few years back.. you can see how it's lost many palm trees and underbrush over the years.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2505903630088662436HUEsjb?vhost=travel

So I'm guessing you can see it from Rose Island, wonder how ya get there from the ship........how long it takes, etc. only in Nassau from 7-2 and would like to check out Atlantis too. I would love to have that pic, even if a lot of the trees are gone over time.

So I'm guessing you can see it from Rose Island, wonder how ya get there from the ship........how long it takes, etc. only in Nassau from 7-2 and would like to check out Atlantis too. I would love to have that pic, even if a lot of the trees are gone over time.

Not sure you'd get to do much in that timeslot. But you can check your itinerary for the Flying Cloud, Seahorse or Barefoot cruises snorkeling trip. These are the only 1/2 day tours going near Rose Island /Sandy Cay.

Robinson Crusoe has a full day tour to Rose Island, but it certainly wouldn't fit your timeframe.

I can't think of any am tour that goes out in that direction.

Can you see it from Pearl Island by chance?.............Can ya tell I don't give up easily?:p

Yes, you can see it in the distance from the lighthouse on Pearl Island.

Rose Island is in front of it.. so if you climb the lighthouse.. you can see beyound Rose Island.

Archived