11:50 Flight out of FLL will I make it?

Ct Cruise Guy

That's Ft. Lauderdale, correct? If all goes well, you could make it to the airport 15 minutes after you get off the ship, collect your luggage, and grab a cab. The hardest part about FLL is the lines at the airport, but in my opinion, you'll make it with time to spare. We had a 10:40 flight once, and made it just fine.

What I like about FLL airport is people who dont have a scheduled flight within the time range-=-cant check in.. so those having flights at 1pm cant be standing in the line at 9:30. You can only check in if your flight is 2 hours away. Not before. and there are signs that state this too.

The lines for out 11:55 flight were long-- very long. We opted to do our checked luggage with the porters outside. Moved more quickly on our day then the inside lines.

The line for security was huge. that will be your biggest hurdle. But we flew during the time that people cant take liquids on except in clear baggies. I was amazed at the number of people who didnt think the rule applied to them which made getting through security a headache.

What airline are you using? We recently flew in & out with Spirit and it was horrible at the airport.... Long, long, long lines at Ft. Lauderdale.

Definitely do curbside check in...

and get off the ship as early as you can. Do the self assist and they also announce that anyone with early flights should contact the pursers desk... They'll help you get off the ship as early as possible.

What airline are you using? We recently flew in & out with Spirit and it was horrible at the airport.... Long, long, long lines at Ft. Lauderdale.

Definitely do curbside check in...

and get off the ship as early as you can. Do the self assist and they also announce that anyone with early flights should contact the pursers desk... They'll help you get off the ship as early as possible.

We were off the Ship in March at 9am using self assist and had 11am flights... no prob making that flight

Back from Liberty on April 8, flew Delta and had a 3:00 PM flight. When we arrived at the airport we were told we must stay with our luggage until 1:00. Finally at 12:30 we were able to checkin and get boarding passes.

We had a 5pm flight out got to the airport about 2:30 to drop off car etc. Airlines said must arrive one hour early and no luggage checked until 3 hrs before flight. When we got there lines were out the door porters said they were full to go inside. Inside signs say "YOU MUST CHECK IN 2HOURS BEFORE YOUR FLIGHT OR YOU MAY BE REFUSED BOARDING DUE TO SECURITY" My airline(US) turned away a man who got there 1 1/2 hours out. Security for bags was through the terminal past the ticket counters and out the door when we were there. Took til 4:30 to get through both lines and to our gate.

We had a 5pm flight out got to the airport about 2:30 to drop off car etc. Airlines said must arrive one hour early and no luggage checked until 3 hrs before flight. When we got there lines were out the door porters said they were full to go inside. Inside signs say "YOU MUST CHECK IN 2HOURS BEFORE YOUR FLIGHT OR YOU MAY BE REFUSED BOARDING DUE TO SECURITY" My airline(US) turned away a man who got there 1 1/2 hours out. Security for bags was through the terminal past the ticket counters and out the door when we were there. Took til 4:30 to get through both lines and to our gate.

this is good to know. We are having a wedding onboard the Liberty but have non sailing guests. They gotta be off the ship by 3:30 so we booked them on a 5pm flight home. No luggage and i guess we will look into boarding passes before they head out.

could you elaborate please. What do you mean they cut off check in at 2 hours?

Sorry I'm easily confused.:confused:

Bill

Bill,

If your flight does not depart within 2 hours, don't stand in the security line yet.

They want only those flying within the next 2 hours to be in line to get thru the metal detectors.

But...they want your bags checked in prior to two hours.

Steve

Bill,

If your flight does not depart within 2 hours, don't stand in the security line yet.

They want only those flying within the next 2 hours to be in line to get thru the metal detectors.

But...they want your bags checked in prior to two hours.

Steve

Is it true that they won't take your bags until 3 hours before the flight? If so that doesn't give you much of a window. Oh well I'm sure it'll work out. We have an 11:05am flight after our cruise in June out of FLL. I guess we better do self assist or whatever they call it.

Thanks for the info.

Bill

Is it true that they won't take your bags until 3 hours before the flight? If so that doesn't give you much of a window. Oh well I'm sure it'll work out. We have an 11:05am flight after our cruise in June out of FLL. I guess we better do self assist or whatever they call it.

Thanks for the info.

Bill

that is mostly for people with afternoon flights. People who have a flight about 2pm will not be able to check in their luggage at 10am. they will have to wait til 11:30

your 11:am flight out will be good. We were off the ship at 8:30 and though checkin and through security and at the gate by 9:15. very painless. At that time of day hardly any cruisers were at the airport.

We went outside about 10:15 to catch a smoke and holy cow-- (LOL) the people-- way too many people

that is mostly for people with afternoon flights. People who have a flight about 2pm will not be able to check in their luggage at 10am. they will have to wait til 11:30

your 11:am flight out will be good. We were off the ship at 8:30 and though checkin and through security and at the gate by 9:15. very painless. At that time of day hardly any cruisers were at the airport.

We went outside about 10:15 to catch a smoke and holy cow-- (LOL) the people-- way too many people

I hope ours goes as well as yours. Worst case scenario I'll be in FLL for an extra day.:)

Bill

You will have to let us know how you made out. I have a few nieces and nehews gonna fly home at 10:30 after our cruise.. doing self termination-- i mean embarkation.. (I dont know if I would have even tried that flight.)_

Serene - Did you do self assist debarkation or let them know at the pusers desk that you had an early flight? Just wondering because I just looked at return flights from FLL and the only ones are one around 11:45 am or else we'll have to wait till at least 4:30 pm. There's nothing in between. The 11:45 one makes me kinda nervous but I really don't want to wait till 4:30.

we were off the Liberty March 11 by 8.30 am - airport by 9.00 the Spirt atttendent also told us we could not check our suit cases in so early we had a 4.00 flight we stayed in line anyway and got to the counter and the lady checked us in - we got lucky - then took the bus to the beach for 4 hours

Serene - Did you do self assist debarkation or let them know at the pusers desk that you had an early flight? Just wondering because I just looked at return flights from FLL and the only ones are one around 11:45 am or else we'll have to wait till at least 4:30 pm. There's nothing in between. The 11:45 one makes me kinda nervous but I really don't want to wait till 4:30.

Heidi: There is nothing like that stress of the last morning with getting breakfast and getting off the ship.

No way can I do self embarkation- with a mom in a wheel chair and a baby in a stroller. We visit the pursers desk and get early off tags. (take your flight confirmation)

You will be off the ship after the self embarkation get done. Get your luggage then grab a porter. Very well worth the 10 bucks since they seem to get you through customs a lot faster then if you did it yourself. The porter also takes you to the head of the line for cabs.

(do yourself a favor and visit the dining room for breakfast this morning. Its more relaxed then going to the buffet where most people on the cruise will be all at once. This is when the buffet is most crowded.)

We are on the Liberty again in August..and booked a noon flight.

another thing---keep checking your flights. Last time our flight changed 3 times.

I am still toying with booking the 11:05 am flight home out of FLL but a little worried in case any thing delays debarkation. Both previous times we have been at the airport by 9:30 so I think I should be ok but still a little nervous. With a 2 1/2 hour drive home after our flight though, would be nice to get home that much earlier as we will be having to go back to work the next day :mad: .

As someone else said though, if we miss the flight, an extra day in FLL would not be the worst thing lol.

Archived