Awesome Day with Adrian!!!

HYSAMINO

I have taken so much from these boards I felt like it was my turn to give some back. After many emails to confirm details, Adrian met us promptly at the pier. Unfortunately it was a very rainy day. We previously agreed on fishing and snorkeling. Adrian left the decision up to us whether to continue as planned. Rain was not going to wreck our vacation and Adrian was more than willing. We drove for a short time until we reached the boat. Now fishing is not my favorite thing to do but I knew my husband would enjoy it. Conversation was very pleasant with Adrian. Thank goodness he spoke English beautifully because I know about 20 words in Spanish and thats including numbers! Adrian showed us pictures of fish on a chart then proudly tracked them down in the beautiful waters and showed them to us. We have snorkeled before but this was different as it was very relaxed and there were many [i]different[/i] species of fish to admire. Actually I think Adrian is part fish ! Just when we thought we were done , he took us to yet another reef. Again Awesome !! We didnt even notice the rain ! Let me just say when we returned home and developed our underwater pictures we were very satisfied with our day with Adrian. My husband still brags about the 15 lb mutton snapper he caught. I prefer to just call it a big beautiful red fish !! This day was worth every penny! Adrian will plan your tour according to your interests such as shoppping, ruins, snorkeling, siteseeing etc. Let me know if you have any questions or just email Adrian and I am sure he will be more than happy to give prices and his availability.
[email="especiascozumel@hotmail.com"]especiascozumel@hotmail.com[/email]
My only disappointment was our time limit as we would have loved to eat at his restaurant Especias that I heard so many good things about , some from this board. Next time, for sure!!!!

(My mother always told me not to talk to strangers, especially strangers on the internet, but this time I am glad I did not listen!!! )

:) [font=Comic Sans MS][color=blue]I have heard about Adrian(good things), but haven't used his services. I'll keep him in mind for December. How much notice does he need and where is his restaurant located? Thanks for your time!:) [/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#0000ff] ~gina~[/color][/font]

Hi Mark,

The cost for our day was $300. We were with Adrian for nearly 7 hours! I am not sure if you have looked recently into the price of fishing but it can be costly. We snorkeled for about 3 hours . It was just my husband and I . I hate snorkeling trips were there are so many people. Thats how it was when we snorkeled in the Bahamas, and St.Thomas and for a short period of time. This was very relaxing! If interested you should email Adrian and he can give you better prices as maybe fishing isn't your game plan. Like I said he will do whatever you want ! This has forced me to look again at our pictures!!! I NEED to go back to Cozumel!! Now if I could just get somebody to pay for the airfare or cruise I will be all set!! LOL

Dawn

Hi Gina,

You know the good thing about Adrian was that he did not require money in advance. Not too many people would be so trusting. His restaurant Especias is located Corner of Avenida 10 and Calle 5 . Hours are from 5pm on but I don't think the restaurant is open on Sundays. Hope that helps!! Again, I am jealous that somebody else is going to Cozumel !!!!

Dawn

Gina,

I forgot to answer your other question. I would contact him soon as I know he is a popular guy who tends to get booked quickly. [email="especiascozumel@hotmail.com"]especiascozumel@hotmail.com[/email]

Dawn

My boyfriend and I used Adrian as our tour guide . Nice guy!! Very passionate about showing people a good time in Cozumel. He took us snorkeling. I agree with Hysamino: he is a fish! We were very pleased with our day. Beautiful fish in those waters! We hope to get back to Cozumel soon, this time staying there instead of a cruise .One day was much too short. We will contact him again, definately!!

:)

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, thank you very much for your reviews, I really feel honored when I read such nice things about what I do here in the island.

I had an email a few days ago about a couple coming down to Cozumel, they said they had seen some reviews on the internet and they asked me for my credentials (this was a new word in my english vocabulary) so they explained that they wanted to ask some people that have tried my services so I refered them to a couple sites of people that knows me!!! finally they booked, and after we had a nice time.

Guys, if you are coming to Cozumel and will just spend one day in our Paradise (beach, uups!) I would suggest you to get the most out of it getting a map of the island at cancunmap.com (uups!). Im sure this way you will want to cometocozumel.com (upps!) and stay longer.

Please, do not go back home saying:

"Cozumel, Mexico is only Nice beaches and good weather".

We have much more to offer and Im talking about food!! Food!! more Food!! Culture!! Traditions!! Beaches!! Snorkeling!! diving!! Snuba!! Botanical, Marine and Eco parks, ([url]www.cozumelparks.com.mx[/url]) Golf!!, Fishing!! Flyfishing!! ([url]www.flyfishingmexico.org[/url]) Horse back rides, Jungle tours and the best of it the people!!

You might get a little pushed (to shop) while you walk on the ocean front (the main comercial street) but if you dare to walk in the back streets you will get a great feeling of the people and you will have a more enjoyable ride without that many paople trying to sell you or rent you something. Cozumel ist a SAFE place, dont be worry its a calm and relaxed island and the people will always do good to you and will return a smile at all time.

If while walking you hear Buenos Dias or Buenas Tardes they are just saying Hi!! on the the other hand if they whistle at you, dont take it wrong, they are saying you are beautifull!!!

I hope all of you cruisers get the most out of you your days in Cozumel!!!!
We will be always receive you with the arms wide open, you just have to let yourself be huged if you do good to the people the rule will apply the rest I leave it to your imagination!!!

Adrian Angulo

• 2 weeks later...
What can I say about Adrian...he is simply the BEST. He took us on an all day excursion this past March which included, shopping, tour of the city and Island, 3 hours of snorkeling, lunch, margaritas galore, and the best gucamole salad I've ever had. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we booked him again this month. If you want to have the time of your life, see and do so many things, go with Adrian, he's unbelievable. Besides him being a great guy, he only takes small groups and that makes it so personable. You can contact him at [email]especialcozumel@hotmail.com[/email] Have fun and tell him howdy from Paul and Peg, he might remember us. LOL

Paul

• 3 weeks later...
Four of us met with Adrian back in January. We escaped the cold (8 degrees) and snow of Pennsylvania to take a short cruise. Thanks to this wonderful board I found out about Adrian and convinced my wife and her friend to take the "chance" of booking our day with Adrian.

It was easily the best day of our cruise, if not one of the best vacation days I've ever had. Adrian is a world class guide and is definitely passionate about Cozumel.

To give you an idea of how much all of us liked it, my wife's friend recently returned to Cozumel on a cruise with her daughters--and spent the day with Adrian!

Adrian--Laura and I will see you in March 2005 if I can pull off the surprise trip. Forget the cruise--we want to spend a long weekend in Cozumel and experience even more of the island.

Doug

• 2 months later...
I agree with everyone here on the board!

I messed up and told Adrian the wrong pier. As soon as we tendered in, we jumped into a cab and headed to the meeting place. There he was - as promised. I was so glad he was patient and had waited a bit before leaving!

It was a great day! We had a bit of car trouble, but not to worry. We walked around for a bit, he rented another car and away we went! We started at the Museum - which was VERY interesting. It is obvious that Adrian has taken great care to learn the history of his home and enjoys sharing his knowledge with you. My son wanted some type of Mexican candy, so he took us right away to a grocery store where my son stocked up!

Being a bit behind schedule, we drove around the island to Coconuts. The view and food were fantastic! We had a bit of a wait here for our food and got some good time to visit with Adrian. He is full of stories - we all enjoyed his travels very much. He is a very warm and inviting individual - and genuinely concerned that you enjoy your time on the island.

Off again, we stopped briefly at San Gervasio. These ruins are awesome! I think most people don't see their beauty and meaning because they are not as monumental and grandiouse as Chichen Itza, but we can't wait to visit them again with more time. He hired a guide that was extremely interesting - all the while he was snapping pictures of our family and the ruins. This was great! We could enjoy the ruins and listen to the guide and not have to worry about getting photos. Adrian did this all through the day!

Back to the ship and time to say goodbye. We would definitely recommend him! The price was comparable to a tour off the ship, only it was PRIVATE!

Here is his page - see his picture!
[url]http://www.cometocozumel.com/english/sub/activities-pips.asp[/url]
The nice thing about Adrian is you can choose what you do. He has a very nice suggested tour, but deviating from that is as easy as - Hey, Adrian, let's do.........and here we go!

We will be returning to Cozumel in 2005 and I will be contacting him again!

Archived