anyone been...

margie4233

We`re planning on going to Caymen island in oct. Anyone out there been to Hell ? Whats it like, is it a town for shopping or what?

There is a post Office/Gift Shop (small....but you can get a T-Shirt that says "I've been to Hell and Back"), a disco/nightclub that probably won't be open while you are there, and the bunch of black "rocks" that give the location its name (with a "devil" standing in the middle of them).

The tour I was on stopped there for about 15 minutes.

I wouldn't take a taxi just to get there......as part of a Full Tour (island/stingray city) - well its part of it and only way I'd go there again.

If you're getting off the ship and heading that way anyway, it's worth stopping in. Otherwise, as others have said, its pretty much a run down gift shop with flimsy t-shirts and the rock formations outside. I made the mistake of asking our guide if the kids across the street were practicing for the Hell soccer team. Was quickly corrected that there's no town of Hell --it's just that converted gas station/gift shop that's there for the tourists!

We took an 1 1/2 hour "tour" around part of the island. Hell is a little place with some odd looking black rocks. There is a post office/junk store there too. You can send post cards that will be postmarked "Hell". A neat stop on the way to something else. Definitely not worth taking a cab to just that. Our tour "guide" stopped for less then 10 minutes. It would have been long enough if we weren't trying to send a couple post cards.

Archived