Vegetarians

h2owatson

My son is a vegetarian and I was looking on the carnival website to see if I need to notify Carnival of his special diet. Has anyone that is a vegetarian been able to get a vegetarian menu on Carnival, specifically Conquest?

Does he eat fish? There are always a couple of seafood and pasta items on the dinner menu at the dining room. There is pizza available 24 hours, tuna salad sandwiches, salads, sushi, and other great non-meat items throughout the ship.

no, he doesn't eat fish. He used to but gave that up also. I guess he will just have to play it by ear. My TA thought there was some where you could let them know of a special diet but I was unable to find it. It seems they don't cater too much to vegetarians

Can Special Diets be Accommodated? spacer.gif Guests with diet requirements can be accommodated on board. We do not have Dieticians onboard; therefore, we can only offer assistance with simple requests such as the method of preparation of menu items. The special diet requirements need to be arranged with the guest's Headwaiter on the first night of the cruise. Every menu (in the dining room) has Spa Carnival Cuisine Fare. These items are lower in calories, sodium, cholesterol and fat. Salads are prepared with diet dressing. Desserts are prepared with Sweet'N Low or NutraSweet instead of sugar. In addition, each menu has one vegetarian entree. Low-cholesterol egg substitute is available upon request as well as diet jellies at breakfast.

The following simple diets can be prepared onboard:

• vegetarian
  • salt-free
  • bland
  • low sugar

The following food is not available onboard:

• Kosher meals
  • Baby Food and Formula

http://carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Special_Diet_Requirements.aspx

no, he doesn't eat fish. He used to but gave that up also. I guess he will just have to play it by ear. My TA thought there was some where you could let them know of a special diet but I was unable to find it. It seems they don't cater too much to vegetarians

As I posted, on the menu every night they have a vegetarian entree.

DW, DD, a DN and myself are vegetarians. (Lacto-ovo.)

Your son is in for the culinary treat of his life.

If he's like us, he'll feel sorry for the rest of the family while they choke down the leather and the feather.

I am a vegetarian and theservers do try to accomidate you. I have been on three cruises and twice the waiters were very, very good about *creating* meals for me out of the listed options (maybe a veggie from one entre, a pasta from another entre and a baked potato). This *created entre* was in addition to a salad, appetizer and dessert that were also vegetarian. This last cruise the staff wasnt so helpful (but it was the Fantasy so dont worry).

There are pleanty of veggie choices at the buffets (including a veggie burger that is prepared away from the meats at the burger station), the pizza area and sandwich area.

He should do fine, just make sure you speak with your waiter about it on your first night in the dining room. Ask (nicely) and ye shall receive!

#21 sounds wonderful!

It is!!

My daughter has been a vegeterian for about a year now, so the whole family is eating healthier. I'm not a vegeterian, but have certainly been eating "vegeterian" more over the last year.

She's been able to enjoy the food on her last 3 cruises with no problems!

Just booked a last minute cruise on the sensation for next week and are going with another couple who is veg. our TA said to speak with the maitred upon boarding and he'll take care of it, others have said just to let your waiter know and they will make special requests. Have Fun!

There is a vegetarian entree on the menu every day. These usually contain dairy, and sometimes eggs, and will suit many vegetarians. Vegans can piece together meals out of side dishes, appetizers, baked potato that is always available on request.

The salad bar at lunch is great for vegans, as there are always legumes avalable along with the veggies. (also cheese and hard-boiled aggs for the lacto-ovo vegetarians). Follow up a great salad with some selected hot side dishes from the buffet and you can do well.

I am a vegetarian and theservers do try to accomidate you. I have been on three cruises and twice the waiters were very, very good about *creating* meals for me out of the listed options (maybe a veggie from one entre, a pasta from another entre and a baked potato). This *created entre* was in addition to a salad, appetizer and dessert that were also vegetarian. This last cruise the staff wasnt so helpful (but it was the Fantasy so dont worry).

There are pleanty of veggie choices at the buffets (including a veggie burger that is prepared away from the meats at the burger station), the pizza area and sandwich area.

He should do fine, just make sure you speak with your waiter about it on your first night in the dining room. Ask (nicely) and ye shall receive!

This has been my experience too. My DH is a vegetarian. He is always nice to the waiters and are always glad to get him the side dishes from the meat entrees (because those typically look really good). Only once did we have a waiter who didn't get it (on Liberty), but I think that was more of a language problem. Just be nice and they will accommodate.

Vegetarian is hardly a special request these days. There are a lot of them around!

My sister is a die hard Vegetarian. She has never gone hungry on a cruise. I order the vegetarian meal sometimes because they are wonderful. Staff has always been wonderful in helping, ie is there chicken/beef stock in the soups. They can make calzones at the pizza place too that are vegetarian along with vegetarian pizza. We are leaving tomorrow for our next cruise and have no fear that she will ever be hungry. Have a great cruise.

As stated above, there are vegetarian items on the Buffet each day, I believe also on the menu for lunch in the dining room there is one selection and every night in the dining room there is something to select, including an alternative menu item.

We are Carnivores, but my DD loves the Vegetarian Enchilada served during one of the nights in the dining room, and even tried the Vege-Burger and said it wasn't bad after adding the grilled Mushrooms and Grilled onions available at the grill.

All else fails ask the wait staff to bring extra salads of just the side dishes, I think the alternate Pasta selection is just Pasta and Marinara sauce, no meat.

My son is a vegetarian and I was looking on the carnival website to see if I need to notify Carnival of his special diet. Has anyone that is a vegetarian been able to get a vegetarian menu on Carnival, specifically Conquest?

In the main dining room there is a vegetarian choice at every meal.

Archived