How far is the cruiseship dock in Amsterdam

srpilo

In June & August 2001 we sailed from AMS on Celebrity. The ship was docked far enough away that we used a taxi from the Crowne Plaza to the ship - maybe ~ 2 miles. Seemed like a long way! We definitely wouldn't want to walk it just to get to the place where we wanted to start our city touring. Not sure if your ship will dock in the same place or how good my recollection is so maybe somebody else can confirm?

Being with a cruise in Amsterdam last year I walked twice from the cruise terminal to the city or back. It took at most 15 minutes alongside the water, so I found it a nice option instead of waiting for the shuttle bus. The bus, by the way, has on the way to the terminal to take a dertour which makes for a relative long ride compared to the direct distance.

I agree with carlmm that it is not too far a walk to downtown Amsterdam from the cruise terminal. My recollection is that it was ten or fifteen minutes to the main train station, which is also a major public transportaton hub. I think it would be another ten minutes or perhaps more walking to the Dam Square.

When we went 4 years ago we started at the central dock( walking distance) but when we returned we docked near a petroleum station a few miles away!!

They did not tell us until we docked. Either way it will be a great trip.

jeff

Archived