information needed

fitty

Has anyone been on the Zuiderdam who has a 5 yr old child during a non holiday cruise. We would like to know if the children's program, Club Hal is as well done as Princess Pelicans. We cannot make up our minds between Princess and Holland America for a Caribbean cruise in early Nov. Any insight would be most appreciated. Thank you.:rolleyes:

I was! We were on the Zuiderdam last October with our then six-year old daughter. She had three days off from school that week for something going on in our school district, but it wasn't a national holiday week.

I don't recall the amount of kids on the ship during that week, but Club HAL was up and running and bustling with kids her age. My daughter had a great time and there was plenty for her to do. In fact I think it's probably much better not being a holiday week and not having the large crowds of kids on the ship that we have been hearing about.

We haven't been on Princess, so I can't comment on that, but I can definitely highly recommend Club HAL for your child.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Haven't been on the Zuiderdam but have been on many HAL ships. In the past their kids programs were lacking ... that can be a + or a - ... depending what you're looking for. When we cruise by ourselves we prefer a more adult cruise. Different story if the kids are coming.

Went on the Caribbean Princess last summer with our Grandkids, she was 9, he was 6. Chose it because we thought the kids program would be better than HAL. They both had the time of their lives and we've decided to do it again this year on the Crown Princess which will give us a 9 day cruise instead of 7. The kids can't wait.

Archived