Kid Friendly and Room Quality

bones774

Hi New to board and kinda at a deadline for these questions before end of day. Looking to sail Crown Princess on 7/23 and would like to know

a) Is this a kid friendly line/ship? Will have 3 kids 9,10 & 12.

b) 90 day special and large room requirements leave me with no choice but Cat M, plaza deck all the way up front of ship next to laundry(doesn't sound good), any experience with these rooms?

Thanks

No, kids are prohibited, and if brought aboard will be used for slave labor or shark bait. Cat. M cabins are where the garbage chutes terminate.

Now, think ya posted this question enough times? I just thought I would help you get a wide variety of answers since you have at least three posts with the same question. :D :D :D

MD

On the location, the front of the ship does seem to get more movement than the rest of the ship, but being low on the ship should help limit that movement. Not sure what the impact of being close to the laundry will be.

Haven't been on the Crown but have been on the Caribbean Princess. I think you will find Princess and the ship to be kid friendly. They have a good kids program and the kids will probably like the Movies Under the Stars (MUTS). I like the anytime dining (versus traditional) option Princess offers. On any given day, it allows you the flexibility to either have dinner with your kids or not. On several occasions we have fed my daughter (room service or buffet), taken her to the kids program, and had a nice dinner with just my wife and I.

Have you been on other cruises with or without your kids before? If so, knowing what your likes, dislikes, expectations from other cruises would allow us to respond better regarding whether you will like the Crown Princess.

We were on the Crown in February. Our group included a 13 yo girl, 11 yo boy, and two boys ages 4 & 5. All the kids had a very good time. There was a good mix of kids and adults. All in all our experience with the Crown and their kids program was very positive. Have a great trip!:)

They have great kids programs. They have Playstation games, board games, crafts, movies and group activities. My 11 year old especially enjoyed dissecting a squid :eek: and the balloon popping contest. The kids will love it.

Oh, and for the other part of your question, I've been right by the laundry, and it didn't bother us at all. I never heard any noises or saw any noticeable heavier traffic. It's also very convenient in case you need to do some laundry:) .

I think it's a very kid-friendly line. My daughter was on three Princess cruises (age 5, 7, 8) and found plenty to do. When there are plenty of kids (in July, there should be plenty of 'em), the science program that's in conjunction with the California Science Center will be in full force. The squid dissection is very popular.

As for the other poster, there's many accidental multiple postings (and threads) because often you can get a blank screen or error message and not know if your post went through. I try to remember if typing a long reply to copy it first. Then if I get the dreaded white page, I got back to the main page of the Princess forum and see if my post is listed. If my post did disappear, then I go back in the thread and paste it in again.

Thanks all for the help, the trip has been booked and now looking forward to it. The posting about the convenience of the self laundry really sounds right after 5 people and nine days, laundry is a great idea. About the multiple postings, it was an accident and I have seen it occur to others and thanks for the understanding. Ira

Archived