Wanting to join you on RCCL!

I've been on several cruises in the past.

The usual suspects are myself ( mid thirties), DH ( mid forties ) DS ( 15 ) and DD (10). We use cruises as a win/win family vacation. The kids love the clubs and have made great friends and DH and I can have fun, too. :)

I've sailed Carnival a few times ( all newer ships like the Pride, Glory etc ) and the kids LOVE Carnival- truthfully, I think they're OK. Celebrity, which I really enjoyed, but doesn't really go after the kid market. We were on a Spring Break cruise so there were TONS of kids, but if it had been off season, it wouldn't have been great for the kids. And Norwegian ( which I'll keep short and sweet- we HATED it) We're holding reservations for a Disney cruise coming up.

So, I've researched the options and the ships. My first choice would be the Freedom, but I've also been cruious about the Navigator. I'd like to be on a ship that will have a LOT for the kids and be kid friendly.

I do work a weekend contract so I only take off 4 weekend days in 6 month blocks. So a 7 days cruise would REALLY have to be worth it ( Sat-Sat or Sun-Sun is going to use up 3 of my 4 weekend days) That is one of the reasons Navigator looks so appealing to me ( 5 days and works great with my schedule)

So, if you were me? What would be the best ships to consider. ( I will be on the Freedom one way or the other, my sister and I plan on going with our DHs and kids in a year or so. Give me examples of why my kids would just LOVE this certain cruise.

Thanks so much!

The Freedom is of course great but any of the Voyager class ships are also super for kids. Our 14 y/o DS and 11 y/o DD don't want to go unless its a Voyager class or bigger due to all of the activities on board. The Voyager class includes the Adventure, Mariner, Navigator, Explorer and Voyager. We tend to go at spring break so there are always lots of kids on board. We just came off the Voyager last Saturday and had a great week.

You can't go wrong with any of the Voyager or Freedom class ships. Enjoy your cruise!! :)

If you are going on the Freedom on a future cruise, I'd go for the Navigator. I haven't been able to go on Disney yet, but they do always seem to be more expensive when I compare cruise lines. Your entire family will love Navigator, especially the kids. RCCL Navigator has an Ice Skating Rink (including ice shows), basketball courts, Adventure Ocean youth facilities, mini-golf course, Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, in-line skating, royal promenade, rock-climbing wall & Johnny Rockets 50s style restaurant. If you put the Disney cruise on hold and do the RCCL then you'll have some extra money for spending or shore excursions.

Good luck!:)

Since the 5 night on Navigator works so great with your schedule, I would do that one in a heartbeat. The only concern that I would have is that 5 nights isn't enough for us.

We've sailed on both Navigator and her sister ship Mariner, but have not sailed on Freedom. Quite frankly, we can't justify the price difference between Freedom and a Voyager Class ship when we like the Voyager Class as much as we do.

Here are some pictures from our 7 night Eastern cruise on Navigator a few years ago....

Whatever you decide, have a great time! :)

We have sailed with Carnival, and Disney 4x- loved their ship the Magic and the kids programming is really second to none. But that being said, RCCL is a great value and their kids programs- Adventure Ocean is also very good in my opinion. We have been on the Explorer, the Freedom- which btw is fantastic for kids!!!!!!, and plan on the Adventure this June. We just love the Voyager Class of Ships- due to all the many activites they offer, and for me I just love the Royal Promenade. I don't think I could cruise without that now. And like was was said before, you will save lots of extra $$$$$ going with RCCL vs. Disney- they have gotton way tooooo rich for my pocketbook!!!!

We loved the Jewel of the seas. The ports are perfect. Costa Maya and Belize can't be missed. It is a 6 day so might be better for your work schedule.

My son. Age 13 has been on the Mariner twice, the Jewel and the Carnival Miracle, just off the miracle 4/8/07.

He, by far, preferrs Royal car.

When asked, he does prefer the voyager class but also enjoyed the Jewel.

We are looking at the Liberty of the seas 4/15/08, as his break is the week befor Easter.

My hubby prefers the promanade on the voyager class ships as he likes to people watch.

Archived