Having food liquidised for 8 month old?

lisastep

Hi

We are a family of four travelling for two weeks in May on Navigator of the Seas in Europe. As we have paid full child cruise price for our 8 month old, which is the same as our 4 year old, I wondered whether in the restaurants they would liquidise food. My 8 month old is not a fussy eater, and obviously we want him to eat freshly cooked food. The way I see it is that as I paid a full child price for him there should be no problem asking for this to be done at meal times. Some food I could probably mush with a fork, but at that age, meat may need more machine work!!

Has anyone ever done this and has it been OK or have problems been encountered??

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Lisa

The short answer is YES I have seen people ask for the baby's food to be run through a food processor.

When my youngest was 8 months old though she shocked me, completly. I mashed everything with a fork. She ate EVERYTHING. I couldn't believe how much that child chowed down on all of the selections. Think of all of the selections....countless fruits/veggies/soups/pastas.

She ate better on the cruise than she does at home. :D

Thank you for the reply. I do think a lot of it I will be able to mush with a fork as he is 8 months old now. It's just if he has meat, it can be a bit chewy, and with him having no teeth yet, it could be a bit awkward!

I can always resort to him having extra fruit!

Lisa

Thank you for the reply. I do think a lot of it I will be able to mush with a fork as he is 8 months old now. It's just if he has meat, it can be a bit chewy, and with him having no teeth yet, it could be a bit awkward!

I can always resort to him having extra fruit!

Lisa

I totally understand.

Enjoy your cruise! :D

Best thing ever invented for moms besides wine!!! You put any food you have into this thing, turn the handle a couple times and VOILA baby food. It is small, easy to clean and mom powered so you don't need batteries. It breaks down to fit in a zip lock. I carried this thing with me in my baby pack for months. Buy it, use it, you will be glad to have it and the envy of all the fork mashing moms. AND if you ask your waiter, he will gladly rinse it for you when you are done with it!!!

The short answer is YES I have seen people ask for the baby's food to be run through a food processor.

When my youngest was 8 months old though she shocked me, completly. I mashed everything with a fork. She ate EVERYTHING. I couldn't believe how much that child chowed down on all of the selections. Think of all of the selections....countless fruits/veggies/soups/pastas.

She ate better on the cruise than she does at home. :D

Did you have them do that on a Carnival Cruise? I would love to do that for my son who will be 8 months old when we cruise in May on the Valor!!!

NCL did this for my then 8 m/o son, who had not even cut his first tooth by then. I always ordered one day ahead so his food was ready for the next evening's lunch or dinner.

Understand that they blend it smooth. Therefore, some fruits become literally a liquid. It was like feeding my son fruit soup. It was better to just cut some of his fruits up very small and let him have fun with the soft chunks.

Did you have them do that on a Carnival Cruise? I would love to do that for my son who will be 8 months old when we cruise in May on the Valor!!!

No I didn't need to cause the "baby" was 2 by then. ;) That kid ate more than I did on the Carnival ship.

She was 8 months old on Disney. And at the time I could mash everything up with no problem.

Archived