Seeing QM2 dock in Brooklyn from Hotel?

sirdavid

We are sailing on the QM2 from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. Does anyone know if there is a possibility of being able to see the QM2 dock at the terminal from a tower room at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott.

Thank you.

David

We are sailing on the QM2 from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. Does anyone know if there is a possibility of being able to see the QM2 dock at the terminal from a tower room at the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott.

Thank you.

David

David,

Please let us know how the Marriott was. We are planning on staying there next April.

Have a great time!

Betsy/534

Hi David,

Interesting thought. Probably, not much of a view ... it seemed a small-ish hotel to me, maybe 375 rooms and not too high a building.

We went over to meet for the QM2 arrival in Red Hook. The hotel said it was too far to walk to the ship. It was. Some took a taxi, and quickly; others took a bus, which with heavy traffic took over 35 minutes; I took the F-train subway to Carroll Gardens and walked, oh, maybe a mile .,, which seemed quickest to me, until the taxi-ladies were found there waiting for us! Not one of us thought to ask the hotel if there was a view of the dock/ship from any of the top floors, which, now that I think of it, is so unlike all of us!

Well, I am going over to "play" away the day the 27th, when the QE2 comes in. I want to see changes in the terminal area and any new stores along Van Brunt. I think I'll take the bus back, just to be informed, and stop by the hotel and ask of any view! I'll let you know.

Ab

Ah, Sir David, its been a morning of heavy rain, not weather to play away the day on foot (which is the only way I wanted to do it) @/& with the QE2. :(

I did try, got fed up and returned to Manhattan. Took the F-train to Smith/9th. It is an elevated stop and from it you can see the QM2, she is so big. Just a few days ago many saw her. This morning you could NOT see the QE2! Of course all was gray in the distance. You could walk it in 20 minutes, taxi it for about $6, or take the B77 bus @ subway exit and transfer to the B61 which goes along Van Brunt Street .... yes, to near the terminal, but better, to the Red Hook Bait and Tackle bar! This morning I couldn't face any of it!

Another day -- and a warm and sunny one -- I want to go to the Brooklyn Mariott and from a top floor look south & east. I doubt the view, but maybe, way off in the distance, a funnel top? Wel'll see and I'll post.

You could walk it in 20 minutes, taxi it for about $6, or take the B77 bus @ subway exit and transfer to the B61 which goes along Van Brunt Street .... yes, to near the terminal, but better, to the Red Hook Bait and Tackle bar!

Or keep going to the end of Van Brundt and go to Steve's Real Key Lime Pie.

It's really great- down by the water. You'll see the panel van in the parking lot!

Karie,

Who stopped by there and bought one after getting off the ship in September. (and a frozen Key lime tart on a stick!)

• 1 month later...

Sorry, Sir David, no view! Who knew?

The QM2 sailed the other day; I went over to have a look. The Marriott Brooklyn Hotel there is IN a 24-ish floor tall building, but the hotel itself is actually ON only the first seven floors. No "vews" to speak of.

A guy at the front desk said even if you could get up to the top floor of the office building above, "that new building going up on Livingston Street would be in the way and block the view."

Bummer!

Ab

April 19th, 2007, 08:56 AM

smeyer418 user_online.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_9860778", true);

5,000+ Club

icon1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirdavid viewpost.gif

Probably not there are too many things between you and the pier, no one has reported seeing it from their room at the hotel. You can see it clearly as you go over the Brooklyn Bridge from the water side. I suspect that with the pier in the way the buildings, that you probably won't/ The tower rooms are new this year so it may but its at the North end of the Hotel and the Pier is to your south west.....about 2 miles as the crow flies...

I just want to point out that is what I said in April....

Archived