newbie questions

hi everyone! my husband and i are going on our first cruise in a couple of days...on the pride of aloha through hawaii.

i have a few questions...

1. i haven't booked any excursions. i thought they looked quite expensive for what they were. but i also haven't even booked a car rental. are there choices available at the ports? like, local tour groups? or car rental places?

2. do i push the beds together myself? or is there some way to make sure that it gets done for us?

3. can we bring snacks/drinks/beer/etc. onboard with us?

4. this is kind of a silly question...but my husband and i will start living in hawaii after the cruise. we're moving from japan. so we each have two suitcases (actually one of his is a computer in a wooden box). how stupid are we going to look with that much luggage and will it even fit in our room?

love,

shannon

You can book excursions independently.

The beds will automatically be pushed together for you. The cruise lines assume married couples want to sleep in the same bed. ;) If they are not, ask your cabin stweards when you board.

You can bring snacks (but with the amount of food on a cruise this is silly, IMO) and non alcoholic drinks. You cannot bring beer or hard liquor. If you bring wine you will be charged a corkage fee.

They might be able to store things for you but there is usually plenty of room for luggage storage under the bed.

Archived