Is YS falls more gentle than Dunn's Fall or Mayfield falls?Which is closer to MoBay?

Cruisin' Lisa

Is YS falls more gentle than Dunn's Fall or Mayfield falls? Do all three have an admission price to get in? I am interested in going tubing while we are in MoBay, but most seem to be cleser to Ocho rios than MoBay and we don't want to spend all our time driving to the location.

Do all three have an admission price? Which company would you recommend to do just a tubing excursion with , or maybe a tubing and horseback riding one?

I plan on doing the $20 all inclusive at Sunset Beach Resort :D so I didn't do any research on the falls or tubing. Sorry!:( But I have found a lot of info. at the official visitor's guide to Montego Bay. It's on the web at: www.montego-bay-jamaica.com. And if you click on "What to do" and then scroll down and click on "Cruise Montego Bay," you'll get lots of info. that is specifically for cruisers. There is even a cruise ship arrival schedule so you can see how many other ships will be in port when you are.:)

If you are going to MoBay, I wouldn't go to Dunn's River because it farther. I think that Mayfield is closest to MoBay. Mayfield and YS both have an entrance fee. Mayfield is $10 and YS is probabably around the same, but I can't remember. I've been to YS once and Mayfield twice. They are very different, but both beautiful. YS are high falls - I think about 4 levels. There are stairs you walk up along the side of them and then there a couple of pools to swim in and there's a tarzan rope. I've heard of people tubing I think behind YS.

Both Mayfield & YS are 100 times less touristy than Dunn's River.

Mayfield Falls is a river walk (gentle falls). There are multiple small falls one after another along a river and you "hike" through the falls. A lot of fun. Places to swim, get natural water massages, etc. Wear water shoes. You can rent them if you need. You will get a great guide (they are all trained) to guide you and help you through the river. There is a website if you search for mayfield falls jamaica.

I do sugguest you go to one of these two. If you have never seen Jamaican, please see some of the beauty that the island has to offer rather than sit in an all inclusive resort.

I cannot recommend a tour guide because I've only done these excursions from Negril. But, if you read the threads here, plenty of tour guides have been recommended. E-mail some of them and see what they suggest.

Archived