How to select cabins on Carnival Glory?

Tian

Hi, we plan to go to Western Caribbean cruise on Carnival Glory on Nov 17, 2007 (Thanksgiving week). We have 3 children age 9, 7 and 4 and one child tends to have motion sickness on airplane. This will be our 1st cruise and we would like to cut cost down if possible. The possibilities of cabins are:

1. 1A for 2 ($549 each) and 4A for 3 ($649 each for the first 2 person). Cheapest but we will be separated, probably on different decks.

2. Two 4A cabins ($649 for the first 2 person). May get cabins on the same deck but separated.

3. Two adjoining ocean view rooms (2P and 4P) but we have to find a 4th person for the 4P room. Price is higher ($809 for the first 2 person)

In your experience, is having separate cabins a big inconvenience even with Walkie Talkie? Also, if we need to choose cabins for 1A and 4A categaries, which rooms do you recommend or which ones to avoid? Would you reserve Garantee for each categary? Any other tips on booking crusie or bringing young children? Thanks much for your input!

qy2m@hotmail.com

If you are planning to put the kids in one room and the adults in the other, the cabins must be assigned bookings beside or across from each other. Otherwise you must book an adult in each room.

With gty's there is a chance you could be seperated by several decks.

You wont have to find a 4th person to book into that quad cabin-- not as a family.

Have you considered looking into a ship that holds 5 people in one cabin.

Aby ship other then the Conquest or spirt class.

Also- thanksgiving is a huge family sailing week-

do you know for a fact those cabins are available? triple and quads are hard to get for that cruise.

By booking a guarantee-- you can be on one deck forward and your family one deck higher all the way towards the back. Its a long walk.

Thank you for your post. We are going to this cruise becaue our friends are going as well and kids are out of school for that week. We can only cruise when price is high and ship is crowded since we have to follow school calendar:-) So I should not book garantee. Thanks!

Just a thought...I would consider cabins 2217 (1a), and 2219 (inside quad across the hall). The Glory is a huge ship, and it would be easiest if you could stay close together. Also (if still available) 2462 or 2465 with one of the inside quads across the hall would be great.

We were on the Glory Western last May. I would recommend Cavetubing.com for Belize, especially with the kids. We were celebrating our anniversary so we didn't have our kids but I know they would have loved it (they are 11 and 4).

Also, we were in cabin 6238 over the show lounge. I would avoid this area if possible if you will be turning in early because the late night shows were LOUD!

I agree... I would definitely book a certain cabin because you never know where you are going to be with a GTY room.

If you are concerned w/ motion sickness, I would book a room in the middle of the ship... the only time I had problems w/ motion sickness was when I was in a cabin at the front of the ship.

The last poster had a great point about looking what what is above and below your cabin. DON'T book above or below where there is going to be music thumping in to the night (like the lounges or theater) We made that mistake once and it was LOUD!

Good luck!

I booked two cabins on deck 2 with connecting doors. I have 3 teenagers, so they can stay in their own cabin. We are located right in the middle of the ship near the elevators. I have been told I have a very good location. You can put one adult in each cabin or just leave the doors open. Your choice.

I booked two cabins on deck 2 with connecting doors. I have 3 teenagers, so they can stay in their own cabin. I wanted to have a window, balconies cost so much more. I would rather spend the money of excursions and shopping. We are located right in the middle of the ship near the elevators. I have been told I have a very good location. You can put one adult in each cabin or just leave the doors open. Your choice.

Tian: Since you are cruising with friends- make sure whatever agent you are booking with link your reservations with your friends. That way you are dining together at the same table.

• 8 months later...
what do you guys think of booking a balconey guarentee over the Easter week? after reading these reviews I am afraid that the balconey guarentee may get me a noisy cabin. any input would be appreciated.

A balcony guarantee on a holiday weekend.... your chances of getting upgraded are very slim. The sailing will sell out months in advance. Booking this far in advance the price should not be that much of a difference between booking a set cabin and taking the guarantee rate.

Look for cabins that have no symbol on either side-- that way you are not in the middle of a family sailing with 4 people on either side.

You also want a conveneint cabin-- not placed all the way forward that you have to walk all the way to the back every time you want to eat.

You also take the chance of being under the lido deck which gets you chair scrapings.

I did price it out and it is $700 more for the balconey to get one on deck 8 for that week. I am planning on watching the rates and see if I can rebook thru a TA and get some kind of a special. I have seen offers where they have a one catagory upgrade.

I did price it out and it is $700 more for the balconey to get one on deck 8 for that week. I am planning on watching the rates and see if I can rebook thru a TA and get some kind of a special. I have seen offers where they have a one catagory upgrade.

one category upgrade is one deck-

You might want to reconsider deck8--IF the cabin you are looking to book is under the pool areas. You might hear scrappings of chairs throughout the week.

You said you booked a balcony guarantee- what is the difference between booking the guarantee and taking a balcony on deck 6 or 7?

Deck 7 is the most sought after deck- this is a deck that is above and below cabin space and away from public areas.

The balcony rates start on deck 6 which are cat 8A the higher you go the more you pay. the deck 7 is the empress deck.

Archived