Anniversary set

mom2NnB

Has anyone bought the Anniversary set thru the Gifts link on Carnivals site? It look good in the little picture, but can get too much details from it. Has anyone taken a better picture?

Is it really as good a deal as it looks? Thinking of getting it to surprise DH for our anniversary. Will we be allowed to bring the Champagne to the Dining room on our Anniversary nite for dinner?

I got it for my wife for our 20th anniversity a couple years ago. I don't think she took a picture of it but the T-shirts, caps and towel were high quality. You can take the wine to dinner but may have to pay the fee, I don't know for sure. Be sure to print out their description of whats in the package. We didn't get any flutes to start with. I called and they sent up some plane ones and said they didn't have any that said happy anniversity. Then they tried to say that they no longer had the engraved ones. Then I walked by the gift shop and saw some in the window. Long story short, I had to raise hell but I walked out with the engraved ones. With that said we felt like it was worth the money. I also got the Anniversity cabin decorations and felt like it was well worth the $32 it cost.

If you take champagne or wine it's a ten dollar cork age fee in the dining room which they may or may not charge you for it all depends. Another idea that my DW seemed to enjoy on our 25th anniversary was I bought chocolate covered strawberries at the specialty coffee shop which we had with champagne on our room balcony. The strawberries were 5 for $3 and were well worth the money.

That's what I hoping DH will get me. That is my one (well maybe not only) real weakness. I don't eat sugars but 2 times per year I get chocolcate covered strawberries - Anniv & Birthday. :D

We had pre-purchased some wine through Carnival that was waiting for us in our cabin when we boarded. There was a paper with it that we could take to the dining room to show that it was a pre-purchased wine so we wouldn't get charged the corkage fee. I don't know if it will be the same if you order the anniversary gift set, but I would imagine so.

That's what I hoping DH will get me. That is my one (well maybe not only) real weakness. I don't eat sugars but 2 times per year I get chocolcate covered strawberries - Anniv & Birthday. :D

If he is anything like me you may want to take him to the coffee shop and drop hints before the big day. It worked for my DW:)

I mentioned your post about the berries to him already and said "wow I hope I get some of those". Some hint huh:D:D LOL

I'll make sure before the anniv date I find the specialty shop and point them out to him.

Gumballz: Thanks for the info, I'll ask the person when I order it about the corkage fee.

Archived