Late night RCI transfers and for UK people - Insurance and injection questions

robinp

3 questions:

Which insurance companies have you used and would recommend?

Did you get any injections before leaving on the cruise for places such as Jamaica?

and

My GF and I will not arrive in Miami until 9:30PM from Edinburgh-Atlanta-Miami. We have booked all in (cruise & flights,hotel and transfers) with RCI.

I have seen here on CC that they normally fill buses then transfer you. Is it likely we will have a pre-paid taxi or hotel transfer organised rather than a coach/bus?

We will have been travelling about 24 hours by the time we get to Miami and will just want to get to the hotel, eat then sleep. I believe the Marriot Biscayne Bay is not terribly far by taxi if need be.

3 questions:

Which insurance companies have you used and would recommend?

Did you get any injections before leaving on the cruise for places such as Jamaica?

and

My GF and I will not arrive in Miami until 9:30PM from Edinburgh-Atlanta-Miami. We have booked all in (cruise & flights,hotel and transfers) with RCI.

I have seen here on CC that they normally fill buses then transfer you. Is it likely we will have a pre-paid taxi or hotel transfer organised rather than a coach/bus?

We will have been travelling about 24 hours by the time we get to Miami and will just want to get to the hotel, eat then sleep. I believe the Marriot Biscayne Bay is not terribly far by taxi if need be.

We were on Serenade on the southern carribean route in March -

We bought a Tesco annual worldwide policy 'cos it was good value and had comparable cover - but since we were lucky enough not to need it we couldn't really "recommend" it!

We did research immunisations before we went and concluded that none were needed ( stopped at St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia & Barbados).

We also arranged all flights, transfers ,hotel etc with RCI and everything ran very smoothly and quickly - but even 'tho there were only 5 of us on our flight to transfer we still got a full size greyhound type bus!! However, this was San Juan not Miami so your experience could be completely different.

Have a great time :) :) :)

Travel Insurance is so varied just pick one that meets your needs there are plenty around.

We have visited Jamacia twice and never has to have any travel jabs

There should be a Royal Caribbean rep at Miami airport, when you arrive and they will point you in the right direction for the transport on to your hotel, we have always been transfered by coach. The reps will also know how many other people are due in and give you an idea if you will have any wait. We have never had to wait more than 15-20 mins to leave the airport for the hotel.

club travel direct are fab and we have had to claim before with them - approx £30 for 10 days. one thing to make sure is that you are covered for airlift ambulance as some policies will exclude this due to the cost!

Archived