Cab from Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale

deerby27

Has anyone ever been able to get off a ship and just grab a taxi and be taken to the Ft.Lauderdale Airport?

If so, how much was your cab fare?

I usually take the shared ride service to the port, but it is not available back to the airport.

When DH and I were on Carnival in November, they were offering an "Art Deco" tour of Miami Beach for $33. Interesting tour, plus they dropped you off at Ft. Lauderdale airport. Total price was only $3 more per person than their shuttle and saved us having to park ourselves in the airport for hours waiting for our flight.

Don't know whether this is available to you, or whether the timing would work, but is a nice alternative if it does. From what I have seen, the shuttle service is usually pretty close in price to what cab fare is. We are doing Alaskan cruise in May from Seattle - shuttle is about $30 per person and someone on one of the other boards said the cab fare was $27.50. Carnival could probably tell you - I don't remember this tour being mentioned on their website, but it was available on the ship.

You might be able to contact a cab company in Miami to see if they could give you a price if a cab is your only real alternative.

Cab ride from Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale is really expensive. It about 25 miles from the port. Trust me, I live here!! You are probably looking at a minimal of $60 Dollars. However you can probably negotiate a price with the cab driver before you get in the cab. Remember, cab drivers have been in line for a long time waiting for you to get off the ship. So they want to make the most out of their wait.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Cab ride from Port of Miami to Ft. Lauderdale is really expensive. It about 25 miles from the port. Trust me, I live here!! You are probably looking at a minimal of $60 Dollars. However you can probably negotiate a price with the cab driver before you get in the cab. Remember, cab drivers have been in line for a long time waiting for you to get off the ship. So they want to make the most out of their wait.:)

There is no negotiating.....if you don't want to pay the $70-$80 cab fare to FLL the next person will. :rolleyes:

We are flying into FLL next week for a 4 day cruise out of Port Everglades. But we are also considering booking another cruise leaving out of Port of Miami later that week. Our flight back is at 11:25am in FLL on disembarkation day. Is that possible?

If there is a disembarkation delay, you could be cutting it close. It's about a 45 min drive to FLL airport and if you are catching a cab, you have to stand in the cab line and wait your turn. I've seen folks wait 30 minutes for a cab. Your transportation wait might be shorter if you prebooked a shuttle return to the airport, I don't know. But personally, I would not be comfortable trying to make a flight before noon. Don't forget you have to go thru security and the airport which can sometimes be a time consuming process as well. Happy Sailing!

Archived