Which hotel is better

missmaine

Haven't stayed at the Sheraton but I believe the location is good if you want to be near the beach.

Have stayed at the Amerisuites several times. It has gone down hill (ironically after Hyatt purchased them). Last time we had mould and room was filthy. We complained and did get moved. We won't stay there any more.

I havent actually stayed there yet but just wanted to let you know I bid on a 3* hotel in Fort Lauderdale Beach area for 9/22/07 (pre cruise) for $65 on Priceline and won the Sheraton Yankee Clipper Beach resort. It is right in the beach and about 1 mile or less from the port. The rooms usually go for $175 plus so I got a pretty good deal. Don't know if you are looking for around the same time or not but just thought I would mention it. Honestly it was my first time ever bidding on a hotel like that but I thought for 1 night before a cruise what do I have to lose! Plus we are going w/ one other couple and I called to confirm we would have 2 beds so after taxes it is only going to cost us under $40!!!

Have made reservations at both the Amerisuites 17th AVenue and Sheraton Yankee Trader on Ft Lauderddale Beach.Has anyone recently stayed at either and can make a recommendation as to which is better???

We stay at the Renaissance on 17th & it is very nice. Hotwire has this hotel at a very good price. If you choose the 4* hotel on the Hotwire site : this is the one you get. We paid $135 total for Feb. 2008. Do a search on this site & bid with confidence. Princess books this for passengers for $129 each per night.

Janet

Archived