destinations

deewalt99

We are going on our first cruise either the summer of 2008 or in november 2008, we are going on the royal carribean mariner, and it will be going to Labadee, Haiti and Ocho rios, Jamaica, has anyone been to either of these places? any comments will be appreciated. thanks:p

Welcome to Cruise Critic- have you found the links to the other message boards? (for instance, the RCI board and the boards for the assorted ports- scroll down to the bottom of each page for the list) Here's a link for Jamaica:

Click here: Jamaica - Cruise Critic Message Boards

What you can do at each port frequently depends on how much time you'll be there. Also, will you want to stick with the "official" ship's excursions or venture off on your own?

I personally didn't feel safe walking around town in Jamaica (but that was Montego Bay); however, we did take a ship's snorkeling excursion in the morning- and it was wonderful. The water was clear, the reef was gorgeous, the local crew were delightful, etc. I'm so glad we didn't just stay on the ship (as many members will suggest when you mention Jamaica LOL)

Check out the info on those other boards- and join the Roll Call for your cruise, once you've picked your date.

I third that. We did a ship's excursion and felt very safe. Nobody hasseled us because we were out in the middle of nowhere. It was so peaceful. My review of the excursion is in my signature, but I believe it only goes out of Montego Bay.

We are going on our first cruise either the summer of 2008 or in november 2008, we are going on the royal carribean mariner, and it will be going to Labadee, Haiti and Ocho rios, Jamaica, has anyone been to either of these places? any comments will be appreciated. thanks:p

First if you can stand the heat of summer fine, but November is a little better for slightly cooler weather. Labadee is like a private island, lots of beach things to do, also vendors selling their trinkets. Definitely take a ships tour in Ocho Rios,, I agree with the others, not a good place to go out on your own anymore. Doing the Dunns River Falls is fun if you are able to climb the rocky falls, a high light of Jamaica. Love the Mariner OTS, large ship, but easy to find your way around. Lots to do, and eat!!! Don't miss the ice skating shows!! Any more questions you can email me: fllady13 at yahoo dot com

Put in the subject, Cruise critic questions.

Archived