Tipping counselors in kids program

gummie22

According to my daughter, a former Youth Staff member, if you are paying for babysitting, the money goes to the staff who were on duty during those hours. If your child attends during the regular program hours, you may wish to tip at the end of the cruise depending on how much you utilized the program, how much your child enjoyed it, etc. The workers there are poorly paid and greatly appreciate tips (not phone cards or other gifts). The tips are shared amongst the entire team.

According to my daughter, a former Youth Staff member, if you are paying for babysitting, the money goes to the staff who were on duty during those hours. If your child attends during the regular program hours, you may wish to tip at the end of the cruise depending on how much you utilized the program, how much your child enjoyed it, etc. The workers there are poorly paid and greatly appreciate tips (not phone cards or other gifts). The tips are shared amongst the entire team.

Thanks for this info. Should we just put the money in an envelope with a thank you note and hand it to whomever we see at the end of the cruise? Do all cruise lines divide tips to the children's programs this way?

Thanks for this info. Should we just put the money in an envelope with a thank you note and hand it to whomever we see at the end of the cruise? Do all cruise lines divide tips to the children's programs this way?
My daughter worked for HAL, but I have read on this board that other cruise lines also split the tips. Feel free to give the envelope to whomever you wish. Your child looks like he is a delightful boy and no doubt a great pleasure to have in the program.

While a thank you note is kind to include with the tip, she suggests that taking the time to fill out a guest comment card about the worker(s) your child enjoyed most (or about the program in general) can mean much more in terms of employee evaluations by management.

Archived