Snorkel fins, mens size 14 ??

karen_g

Is it even possible to find these? My DH and I will be going on a Southern Caribbean cruise next year that we hope will involve a lot of snorkelling. We already have our own masks and snorkels, but I would love to find some fins that we could take with us. DH wears a size 14 shoe, and it's starting to look like fins just don't come in sizes that big. Does anyone have any advice on this topic? Oh yeah, I'd love to find something that would actually fit in a suitcase. Am I dreaming??

Those are decent paddles without the flippers

quick google

something like this?

The Med-Medium Large Tusa X-Pert Zoom fins fit from size 8 in any bootie, up through 10 or 11 with hard soled booties, and Joe of Ask Joe & Larry fame, uses the XL Tusa X-Pert Zoom fins in his size 14 soft soled booties. (Why does he even need fins?) For smaller than size 8 go with the XS-Small size.
http://www.scubatoys.com/store/Scuba_Fins.asp

:)

Thank you both for the good information and quick replies! One further question: if one uses the kind of fin that has a strap not a foot pocket, is it then necessary to wear dive booties? Or are they comfortable with just bare feet?

Archived