My experience- just back

beachbev

Royal Dolphin Swim so awesome I cannot put into words. Please try it. I wish I had known that this park (Chanakaab) was so awesome compared to Paridise Beach. Stay at the park, WEAR water shoes, and take snorkle gear. There is no sandy beach that goes straight to the water. There is plenty of room to lay out in hammocks or chairs. There is steps off the sand into deep gorgeous water with coral & fish everywhere! I had no idea that the reef, fish, and snorkling at this park was SUPERIOR to our other spots. I was amazed! This was the best snorkling I've ever done in my life.

Paradise Beach is overrated. COMMERCIALIZED!!! It is grassy, murky, and way TOO crowded. Go to another spot. We felt like sardines in a can! It was the most crowded place I've ever been in my life. The taxi drivers hoard all the tourists there & tell them it's the best beach. BALONY. My friends saw much better places on their own exploring.

beachbev- I agree about the Royal Dolphin Swim. I have done it twice, and in May, I finally get to watch my 3 boys do this as well. I can not wait to watch them. It is a not to be missed excursion. I'm glad to hear you loved it.

How much actual time do you get to spend with the dolphins?

For the Royal Swim, I would say atleast 30-45 mins. You are on a platform with about 8 other people. Each person gets a kiss and gives a kiss to a dolphin, they do a few other things in between like a hand shake. Then each person swims out to do the dorsil pull and foot push. After that every one swims out and forms a circle and the dolphins swim around you and you can pet them. The first time I did this when we swam out as a group we took turns holding a stick up above our heads for the dolphins to jump over us, but they did not do this the second time.

It was a wonderful, once in a lifetime experience (ok 2 in a lifetime for me, and almost a 3rd) well worth the money, IMHO. I can not wait for my boys to experience it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just posted this question. Chankanaab vs Paradise Beach? Thanks so much for the input. I'd love to talk my 11 year old into doing the Royal Swim, but I don't think I can persuade him to do it.

Archived