Choice Boarding?

trixie54

This spring I read this here: "Princess has a new procedure called "choice boarding?" Seems that starting in May, we will be able to do check in by computer so we don't have a long line on boarding day." Anybody heard of this?

It's part of the ticketless (or Doc-less) system that will be fleet wide sometime next year.

Much like ticketless airline reservations, you'll just need your booking number, identification and credit card to board.

At one point I heard from the Circle host on the Golden then on the Caribbean Princess that we'd still get a Welcome booklet if it were our first Princess cruise and other material depending on our situation. Like if we had confirmed Internet access there would be no paper forms to fill out and that we might or might not get the shore excursion booklet. It's part of a huge overhaul and enhancement of shoreside operations fired by Princess' credo to keep doing better in what they do.

If this is a way for them to run more efficiently and securely I'm all for it.

The Circle hosts were really excited about it and other technology updates that are targeted to make things run smoother. To me, that outlook is one of the reasons why they consistently score high marks on Embarkation for example.

They do what it takes to do a good job

Will that really be a good thing? Ticketless makes me nervous!! Even with the airlines. I get E tickets for the kids when I fly them down, and they have had no problems. But if I had to fly, I would pay extra for the tickets. Will we have a choice?? Before I get whacked, LOL, I am old school, and trust the way I am used too!!

I saw this coming a long time ago as the cruise industry operates just like the airline industry... I believe Sue in the interim they will still offer the choice in the beginning, however they will also allow you to print off your docs on your home computer just in the same way and airline lets you have an E-ticket but you can print off a boarding pass in advance and go straight to the gate.....I think it will good in the long run!

My opinion? Princess has one of the best embarkation check in around, I hate to see them change it now. Of all the lines we have sailed on, their's is the easiest and fastest the way it now stands.

Ticketless? Interesting security factor in there, but only time will tell how smoothly this runs.

Archived