Ship themes

kujobie

Do all the ships have themes, or just the newer ones? If so, anyone know what they all are. I know Glory is colors. Valor is American heroes. Miracle is fictional characters... What about the older, fantasy class ships?

Do all the ships have themes, or just the newer ones? If so, anyone know what they all are. I know Glory is colors. Valor is American heroes. Miracle is fictional characters... What about the older, fantasy class ships?

Yes, they all do. If you view the DVD, it listed them all. Im watching it right now..:)

Of the four Conquest Class ships, we enjoyed the decor on the Conquest the Most. It was the most "understated" and done in autumn and wood tones.

We thought the Glory looked like some decked out in full regalia stoner frat house from the late 60s - early 70s. Be sure to wear your sunglasses indoors as well as out.

The Liberty was festive and the theme was Venice and the Mediterranean. We thought the main dining rooms were especially nicely done.

The youngest sister, The Freedom unfortunately looks like someone's idea of a patriotic joke. Bring a post card of The Statue of Liberty on board with you. Then take it to the buffet area. Then look at the staircase. The look at your post card and say, "This is the Statue of Liberty", then look at that THING on the staircase and say "That is the Statue of Liberty on drugs."

Yech. What was the guy thinking?

BnB

Yep, all of the ships have some type of theme, and the designer (Joe Farcus) has some type of hand with all of the purpose built Carnival ships. I have read articles about interviews with him, and while I can understand his intentions, I don't particularly like the results.

What I'm wondering is, what are the themes?

The Central Idea of the ships are according to Joe Farcus on the DVD

Celebration...New Orleans

Conquest..Impressionists

Destiny..Monumentality

Holiday....New York/Broadway

Ecstasy City at sea

Fantasy..changes through time

Elation... muses who inspire artists

Fascination..Salute to Hollywood

Was there a certain ship you were curious about, I can play it back

Was there a certain ship you were curious about, I can play it back

Hey there,

Would you happen to know what it is on the Inspiration without putting yourself thru to much trouble like rewatching the tape??? lol Seriously though! I'd appreciate it!

Be blessed, be a blessing!:p

Hey there,

Would you happen to know what it is on the Inspiration without putting yourself thru to much trouble like rewatching the tape??? lol Seriously though! I'd appreciate it!

Be blessed, be a blessing!:p

NP...

Inspiration....Creative spirits of the arts

Thanks Jeff much appreciated! I hope you didn't have to watch the movie too many times!

:p

That really sounds like something will love! I know they have a copy of the Mona Lisa & that is something that I am really looking forward to get a picture of that! So neat!

Thanks again!

Be blessed, be a blessing! :)

Thanks Jeff much appreciated! I hope you didn't have to watch the movie too many times!

:p

That really sounds like something will love! I know they have a copy of the Mona Lisa & that is something that I am really looking forward to get a picture of that! So neat!

Thanks again!

Be blessed, be a blessing! :)

lol..you're welcome, no..just took about 3 mins to cue it up.

Have a great cruise!!

• 8 months later...

Archived