Hotel in Galveston night before Conquest?

Bella'smom!

Hey There! Does anyone know how to get a list of hotels in Galveston that will allow free parking during the Conquest 7 night cruise if we stay there the Saturdy night before our cruise? I've been all over Galveston.com, but the hotels don't advertise this feature.

Thanks for any help, in advance!:)

We're on the same cruise! Anyways about the hotels, last time we took a cruise out of Galveston we stayed at the Best Western on Seawall and they had the cruise ship parking. This year we are staying at the Fairfield in Texas City and then parking at the pier.

I'm stayin at the Harbor House, next door to the cruise port...

Hey There! Does anyone know how to get a list of hotels in Galveston that will allow free parking during the Conquest 7 night cruise if we stay there the Saturdy night before our cruise? I've been all over Galveston.com' date=' but the hotels don't advertise this feature.

Thanks for any help, in advance!:)[/quote']

I have stayed at the Best Western on teh Sea Wall, The Econolodge:mad: , and the Commodore on the Beach. They all let you park for free for the week. I would rank the Best Western over the Commodore. The Econolodge was BAD. I have sailed out of Galveston three out of four times and I would highly recommend staying somewhere the night before, even if you live in Texas and don't have a far drive. I live 5 hours away but i worry about getting a flat or having car trouble....That's just me.. and I like tostart my vacation a day early!

We just got back from Conquest and stayed at Gaidos. It is not a 5 star hotel but you get free parking all week in a gated/lighted parking lot in view of the office and a free continental breakfast along with $10 off one of their restaurants (they have 2 on site) all for what you would pay to park somewhere else. We paid less than 80 bucks for an oceanview room with 2 double beds. The beds were not the most comfortable but were much better than the ones on the ship. If you look at it as a free hotel room with the purchase of a weeks parking you will be very happy. We ate at their Caseys Restaurant and it was better than most of the meals on the ship. Again it is an older hotel (as alot are in Galveston) but probably the best value and appears to be safe. There are alot of reviews of this hotel online. The cab costs about 10 bucks to the terminal. I dropped DW, kids and luggage off and returned to the hotel to park. Wound up splitting a ride with someone and cost me only 6 bucks plus tip. Here is the link to their website http://www.gaidosofgalveston.com/

We stayed at the Harbor House prior to our

4-16 Esctasy cruise and we really liked the hotel. The rooms have a harbor view and if you get a room on the west side you can see the cruise ships at the dock. The terminal is a short walk away and when it comes time for you to board you can walk there and have a porter come to the hotel and bring your luggage to the terminal and then have them bring it to your car in the hotel parking lot after the cruise. If you book your room online with Galveston.com then your cruise parking is free. The Strand area of Galveston is just a block away. I highly recommend the Harbor House for your pre-cruise stay.:)

You will get the free parking at area hotels; but they will charge for the shuttle service. This is because of a tax/fee the port charges each vehicle for drop off/pick-up. The tax/fee has has been there for a couple of years, but last summer, the port clamped down and demanded everyone pay their back payments too.

Still way cheaper than paying the cruise parking!!!!!

We stayed last year at the Baymont at 2826 63rd street last August.

It opened last August and was very nice and clean when we were there. They also have the continental breakfast with the waffle machines.( They have waffles in the shape of the state of Texas...kind of fun)

We paid $87 for rooms with two queen beds. They also have rooms with two king beds.

Their number is 409-744-3000.

We parked at the dock.

With our crew it was just simpler.

( We also thought that it would make it quicker to get back on the road home, but the disembarkation was so slow we had to make the trip in two days anyway.)

Wait a min, something doesn't jive.... You mean, that the porters will leave the port property, and walk over to the hotel, pick up your luggage, then load it onto the ship ? Somehow, I don't see that happenin ....

We stayed at the Harbor House prior to our

4-16 Esctasy cruise and we really liked the hotel. The rooms have a harbor view and if you get a room on the west side you can see the cruise ships at the dock. The terminal is a short walk away and when it comes time for you to board you can walk there and have a porter come to the hotel and bring your luggage to the terminal and then have them bring it to your car in the hotel parking lot after the cruise. If you book your room online with Galveston.com then your cruise parking is free. The Strand area of Galveston is just a block away. I highly recommend the Harbor House for your pre-cruise stay.:)

Wait a min, something doesn't jive.... You mean, that the porters will leave the port property, and walk over to the hotel, pick up your luggage, then load it onto the ship ? Somehow, I don't see that happenin ....

Not sure about them leaving the port to pick up your luggage, but they definitely will help you take it back to the hotel...if the price is right. We've done this a few times.

If you go to the Port of Galveston website there is a link there to the visitors bureau. This is where we found a list of hotels. We are staying at the La Quinta (tonight in fact) but word of caution...we booked a balcony Gulf View and when we got here (late...about 10PM), we were given a room with a window and a view of the parking lot, b/c no more Gulf view rooms were available (even though this is what we booked).

Also we signed up online for the shuttle to the cruise terminal knowing we'd want to sleep in a little but when we checked in we were told we'd have to be down at the front desk at 8AM to sign up, and it's first come first served. So that is a bummer too. Right now we're happy to have a bed to sleep in, but don't trust what the website says. Rate is not bad at $59.99 and the parking/ride to and from port is $10.

The Holiday Inn Sunspree is new and nice and next to it is the San Luis (5 star hotel and very nice) and the Hilton - great location and right on the Seawall... The Harbor House is on The Strand side and right next to the ship literally. The Strand is NOT on the beach at all but the industrial port and it has shops and restaurants all walking distance. The Seawall also has shops and restaurants in walking distance.. Debbie

Most of the hotels who offer cruise parking also offer a shuttle to take you to the port on the morning of your cruise, but after doing that a couple of times, we've concluded that a taxi is the best choice, as the shuttles tend to make stops at several hotels and can take up to an hour or more from the time you put your bags on the shuttle to the time you arrive at the cruise terminal. Also, the wait for pickup when you disembark can be long and hot. We're just going to call a cab both ways. Worth the money for the saved aggravation.

I guess you think I am not telling the truth. That is what happened on my Ecstasy cruise and I do not appreciate you implying that

I do not know what I am talking about. You didn't see it "happenin" possibly because you were not there!!!!! Unless you can post on the topic from first hand experience then maybe you should not be posting at all!!!!

I need to apologize for my last post. I Should not have posted in anger. I just felt like i was being shouted at with the big blue font, saying to me I was not telling the truth. Sorry. :o :o :o :o

Archived