A thumbs up for GCT

bobcholmes

This is just gonna be a real quick report on our very first river cruise, with Grand Circle or anyone else. I'm not going to bore you with details.

As I said, this was our first time. Romance of the Rhine and Mosel, 29 March thru 13 April. Boat was the DeBussy. Cabin on the main deck (with little balcony). I have nothing but good things to say. Grand Circle did what they promised, when they promised. Organized especially well. Knowledgeable folks, highly service oriented. I can think of nothing that could have been done to make the trip more enjoyable. The weather was superb (although GCT couldn't take credit for that).

The scenery along the river(s) is breathtaking. Tour directors were excellent. Local guides were outsanding. Optional tours were well worth the money. Food was good, but too much of it, especially at dinner.

Only negative on the trip was a hour and a half delay at Frankfurt on the return trip due to mechanical problems with the aircraft. Again, not a GCT problem, but an Airbus/Lufthansa one. But better there than over the north sea.

My wife and I would unhesitatingly travel with Grand Circle again, and will soon.

Thanks for the review of Rhine/Mosel cruise. I leave on May 10 for this same itinerary along with Switzerland post-trip extension. I hope I get good weather, too. This will be my 4th GCT river cruise. All have been first-rate.

Carhut: I enjoyed viewing your pictures (and the yummy desserts, too.)

Archived