What is the wait time for a rental car

kimark

at Port Canaveral when returning from your cruise? We will probably rent from Budget. Were there a lot of people trying to get cars and was there a long line? We will obviously make a reservation in adavance. Our plane departs from Orlando at noon.

On our last trip we had reserved a Van because there was several of us. In order to get a van we had to go with a rental company that did not offer a shuttle from the pier. So we took cabs to the rental car site near the airport. Our flight was not until late afternoon so we were going to mess around, maybe take US1 north, as we drove to West Palm Beach where we were flying from.

To make a long story short....we waited in line for 3 hours only to find out they did not have a van to give us. They ended up giving us 2 cars and we drove straight to West Palm...stopped at Wendy's to eat and turned the cars in.

Lesson Learned!

Not sure how I could have done anything different but next time I WILL do something different. I don't want to say the name of the rental car company but I think it was designed for people on a BUDGET.

There was no wait at all. First, we rented a car in Orlando- drove to Cocoa Beach, spent night/ next morning drove to Budget (easy as can be)- we were only people there- they put us in shuttle van- took us right to ship-- and pointed to the pick up stop for when we got off ship-- all was too easy to be true. When we got back into port, we rolled off the ship & there was the van- we walked over- they took us back to Budget terminal & we were in car & on road in 10-15 minutes flat. No lines (of course if we all keep saying out easy it is....) we then drove to Universal prior to our flight home. Go with Budget- easy as can be- no crowds at all-- and the friendliest people. Oh, & let me add- it was right in middle of spring break- I thought it would be crazy/crowded. Nope. Smooth as silk.

Archived