Norway Cruise

caddie1

My wife and i are on the QM2 June 16th to Norway, We were wondering what is the best currency to take with us.

We are UK based.

1) UK Sterling and change onboard.

2) US Dollar and change onboard

3) Purchase Norwegian Kroner before we leave.

My wife and i are on the QM2 June 16th to Norway, We were wondering what is the best currency to take with us.

We are UK based.

You won't need any cash onboard - everything is charged to your account (except the foreign exchange). They either want a cash payment up front or a credit card. Your card will be billed in US Dollars, be aware that most credit card companies make a charge for foreign transactions (I think that the Nationwide is the only one that doesn't)

You'll want some spending money ashore - however you can leave it until you're onboard and then just buy what you think you'll need. They won't take personal cheques for that so I'd take a few hundred pounds in sterling to exchange for foreign currency whilst away.

We are UK based.

You can also use ATMs on board. If Bergen is your first stop, then you'd presumably start by using the funicular. As you walk up to it there is a (reasonably well disguised) McDonalds. To the left of that, as you look at it, is an ATM.

Otherwise I'd (personally) take some Kroner with me. Probably would anyway, in case the ATM wasn't working!

Matthew

Archived