Booking online

Shekim

I just read in another thread about booking a cruise using an online TA. I've never booked anything (other than airfare) online; I'd be a little leary. Is the price quoted the actual end price? Or are there hidden fees that are not revealed until after you've booked and put up a deposit? I've already booked a cruise on the Elation for Feb 6, 2005 with a local TA. Their prices were the same as Carnival's price. Should I look at online booking to check prices?

And if I do find a cheaper rate online what do I do? Should I cancel with my TA and rebook? Or I think I've read somewhere that you can "transfer" your reservation? How is this done and are there any extra charges for that? Since we just booked I'm well before the penalty time for refunds. Thanks for your response and I'll check out your suggestion.

I'd cancel once I checked the web as you may have cancellations fees from your TA. Check to see the web site policies re: if price drops before/after final payment. Do they refund you the money or give you ship board credit. Perhaps an upgrade. Also buy your own insureance, check insuremytrip.com or other sites of thisnature.

Good Luck. Have fun in the sun.

Archived