Southampton Parking (Again..)

zoomjones

OK, so at the port terminal in Southampton I gather you can book through cps to have your car collected from you right after you arrive from outside the terminal.

So far, in all the reading and searching I've done this is the only service I can find on offer without going for a park and cruise hotel deal.

Is it possible to just drive (without booking) park somewhere and then walk to the terminal?

Thanks

CPS is the docks port parking company, it is a secure compound and is locked at night. Are you thinking of leaving your car in a multi storey car park then for 14 nights??? where it could be stolen, bumped , scratched, broken into, and 14 x day and night parking fees would be the same wouldn't they? No car parks in walking distance of the dock gate anyway i don't think.

Some Southampton hotels, as you mention, offer a nights accomodation and free car parking for your cruise for around £99, if you are lucky to get a very good deal (our car park fee for 14n cruise in 8 weeks time is £112. )But again, the hotel car park could not be as secure as CPS??

and you may have to get a taxi back to the hotel on disembarkation day, so it would probably work out about the same price. Book CPS !!

Sue

OK, so at the port terminal in Southampton I gather you can book through cps to have your car collected from you right after you arrive from outside the terminal.

So far, in all the reading and searching I've done this is the only service I can find on offer without going for a park and cruise hotel deal.

Is it possible to just drive (without booking) park somewhere and then walk to the terminal?

Thanks

The ship is berthed within a dock area with no public parking. Whichever cruise line you use you can be at 101/106/QE2(38/39) terminals all of which are in dock areas and a god distance from the dock gates. There are no long term carparks close to these areas, in which it would be safe to park your car.

So yes, you are stuck with CPS, although I have always found them to be reliable and efficient. They are not cheap but not overly expensive and if you are going with P&O, free for 2008 as long as you book in time.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

I belive that CPS is the only secure parking, but there is plenty of car parks near to the docks, but as Sue said you will need to pay, they are just public ones. Let me know if you want more info I live in Southampton so will be more than happy to help! (If I can!). :)

We got free parking with CPS when we went on a cruise last year. We sailed from QE2 Terminal, arrived unloaded our bags and then drove the car to the other end of the unloading area and handed the keys over and signed the paperwork. On returning from our cruise, just pick the keys up from the same hut you drop them off at and walk across the road to the car park. Not quite the Valet parking we had expected, however it seemed an efficient service and at least we knew our car was going to be there when we returned. It is definately worth using them in our opinion for ease and peace of mind.

We got free parking with CPS when we went on a cruise last year. We sailed from QE2 Terminal, arrived unloaded our bags and then drove the car to the other end of the unloading area and handed the keys over and signed the paperwork. On returning from our cruise, just pick the keys up from the same hut you drop them off at and walk across the road to the car park. Not quite the Valet parking we had expected, however it seemed an efficient service and at least we knew our car was going to be there when we returned. It is definitely worth using them in our opinion for ease and peace of mind.

At the Mayflower terminal you pull up and get out your bags are removed from your car. Make sure they are labeled and ready to go as the porters are very quick and you do not have a lot of time to think. Make sure that you keep hold of your hand luggage, things you might need before seeing your luggage again.

At the same time as this is happening someone comes to your car and does the paperwork for CPS so have the conformation ready. your keys are handed over and your car whisked away.

All of this can take place in less than 2 minutes so you have to be ready for it. Make sure you have your hat, camara,, handbag money belt, bottles of wine(at the moment) and all your hand luggage with you. It is often better to stop for a few minutes to check all of this before arrival as you will not have time when you get there.

On return you cross the road to the car park and pick your car up.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

I agree with all Dai has just said.... On our first cruise, the porters took everything so fast, loaded onto trolly and were gone, while i was looking in my bag for my purse for a tip.... they even took my hand luggage - ahhhhh:eek:

all valuables, camera, things I wanted with me , hubby had his suit carrier and that was it.

So, yes , supervise the porters, and make sure they only take what you want them to take. I was a nervous reck until we got to the cabin and ALL cases had made it safely there;) . Spoilt the sailaway a bit, as I was fretting about my hand luggage - as they weren't properly labelled either, with a deck card, as of course, it was hand luggage

Sue

Archived