2007 Seattle Transportation Info for Cruisers

The Port of Seattle website says that Thrifty has a shuttle to/from both of the cruise terminals to their lot (which is in between Terminal 30 and Pier 66). I would imagine it's not a big deal to do a one-way rental from the airport to the downtown location.

Hi. Just a note to let you know that we enjoyed a wonderful WE on SEA (5/30-6/2). It was in the 70's and sunny. The saturday we came back (6/9) it rained but we handled well with our "ponchos". Thanks to your info regarding Safeco field, bus, etc. we did well. At least going from Pier 30 to downtown. On our way back, we should have done the same in reverse (take a bus to Safeco Field and from there walk to Pier 30), but they told us we could take a bus (99) that would leave us near the Pier. Needless to say we didn't understood well the bus system and took a route 99 bus that drop us at Pier 56 and it was a loooong walk to Pier 30!!!! but we just kept laughing and walking!!!!

Shuttle Express service from the airport to hotel was great. From Pier 30 to the airport was so and so. They arrived almost an hour late, it was raining and, eventhough the concierge Sir told the bus driver he could pick us in front of the concierge cause there was nobody at the port, he told us he couldn't do it. But the rate they gave us apparently, and accordingly to the Sir at the concierge on port, was a good one.

You live on a gorgeous city which I hope to visit again!

I guess we will paly it by ear when we get there because we are getting many mixed messages. I called the hotel about the shuttle to Pier66 and they said no. We will find out in August...Thanks for the help

Don't know if you'll read this message, but I wanted to take some stress (at least try) from shoulders!

We took Shuttle Express from the airport to the hotel (Residence Inn-which BTW we loved it!) and the hotel arranged Cameo Car Service to take us from the hotel to the Pier (for us it was Pier 30, which is farther away than Pier 66). They arrived on time and were supposed to arrive on a van, but there was a misunderstanding, and they arrived in two big black cars (don't know if that's was called a town car). To us it didn't matter, they took us (party of 5, 4 luggage and 5 carry on) in the 2 cars to the Pier and we paid $45.00 plus tip.

The service of the front desk at the hotel is great so I believe you won't have a problem asking them to arrange your transfer. We did it the night before. BTW...if you're staying more than one night, we used their shuttle service to downtown and it worked pretty well for us. The night before we asked for a transfer at 9:30 am to Pike Place Market and a pick-up at the Space Needle at 6:30 pm and they were pretty on time.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Hi. Just a note to let you know that we enjoyed a wonderful WE on SEA (5/30-6/2). It was in the 70's and sunny. The saturday we came back (6/9) it rained but we handled well with our "ponchos". Thanks to your info regarding Safeco field, bus, etc. we did well. At least going from Pier 30 to downtown. On our way back, we should have done the same in reverse (take a bus to Safeco Field and from there walk to Pier 30), but they told us we could take a bus (99) that would leave us near the Pier. Needless to say we didn't understood well the bus system and took a route 99 bus that drop us at Pier 56 and it was a loooong walk to Pier 30!!!! but we just kept laughing and walking!!!!

Shuttle Express service from the airport to hotel was great. From Pier 30 to the airport was so and so. They arrived almost an hour late, it was raining and, eventhough the concierge Sir told the bus driver he could pick us in front of the concierge cause there was nobody at the port, he told us he couldn't do it. But the rate they gave us apparently, and accordingly to the Sir at the concierge on port, was a good one.

You live on a gorgeous city which I hope to visit again!

Glad you had a good time! I hope you're able to come back and visit again and hopefully we'll have perfect weather both weekends instead of just one! :)

Don't know if you'll read this message, but I wanted to take some stress (at least try) from shoulders!

We took Shuttle Express from the airport to the hotel (Residence Inn-which BTW we loved it!) and the hotel arranged Cameo Car Service to take us from the hotel to the Pier (for us it was Pier 30, which is farther away than Pier 66). They arrived on time and were supposed to arrive on a van, but there was a misunderstanding, and they arrived in two big black cars (don't know if that's was called a town car). To us it didn't matter, they took us (party of 5, 4 luggage and 5 carry on) in the 2 cars to the Pier and we paid $45.00 plus tip.

The service of the front desk at the hotel is great so I believe you won't have a problem asking them to arrange your transfer. We did it the night before. BTW...if you're staying more than one night, we used their shuttle service to downtown and it worked pretty well for us. The night before we asked for a transfer at 9:30 am to Pike Place Market and a pick-up at the Space Needle at 6:30 pm and they were pretty on time.

Hope you enjoy your trip!

Thanks so much for thinking of me...I will do as you did, take shuttle express to hotel and let them arrange for the ship. Thanks again

Archived