Interior photos from AIDA Diva

Andreas Depping

Yesterday I had the chance to take interior photos from AIDA Diva for three hours. Of course I couldn't get the whole ship put into pictures but I think the results are good enough for an overview.

YOu can find the photos at:

http://www.cruiseship-gallery.de

Of course there are still all my photos from the NCL cruiseships. If you enjoy the pictures please sign in my virtual guest map

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

Thanks for the Pic's. Aida's ships are, to say the least, interesting! They remind me a bit of NCL's newest ships except brought to the next level! Very creative and stimulating, with a distinctly european design flair.

Too bad we don't get more variety over here. Carnival really needs to hire a couple more designers: All their new ships across all their lines (save Princess maybe) all seem to have that over the top Farcus thing going on. And RCCL has taken Beige, Coral and Powder Blue to new levels of dullness (Am I on a ship or did I take a wrong turn and stumble into a Marriott hotel lobby) I mean they're all nice enough, just not so different from one an other.

Thanks so much for the great photos!

Aside from the Theatrium, this is definitely an "evolutionary, not revolutionary" ship still an interesting one. I can't decide whether I love it or hate it! In a way it seems irredeemably kitsch - look at the Buffalo Steak House for example - and yet somehow it is all so light-hearted that it seems absurd to even worry about such things.

I do agree with robsvacation that this reminds me of the latest NCL ships but I think the AIDA ships are a lot more cohesive in their design. The new NCL ships seem to be jumping all over the place in terms of decorative styles with few unifying design elements. This doesn't appear to be the case here, so the overall effect seems much more pleasing to me.

If ever I get around to learning German, I would not mind taking an AIDA cruise. In many ways it is 180 degrees from the sort of cruise experience I normally seek but surely a little change is good from time to time ;) ! The whole "club ship" concept fascinates me though strangely it is only interesting in its original German form - the very similar Ocean Village and Island Cruises do not appeal to me one bit. Somehow the whole club ship idea completely loses its appeal if it is no longer exotic and "foreign".

Like Host Doug, my inability to speak German keeps me away from trying Aida.

The Aida ships have a heavier passenger load (PSR) than perhaps we are used to in the States, but I sure do like the size of their new ships, 68,5000GRT.

I am not a fan of the behemoths that are being built for US consumption.

Archived