1602 on the Serenade?

ali07

We are booked into 1602 (Aft, JS) on the Serenade but DH is VERY apprehensive. I think it would be fun to have a different view for a change but he thinks it will be boring (he wants to be able to see where is is going) and noisy (from Windjammer upstairs). Does anyone have any information about 1602? Thanks for any help...:)

We are booked into 1602 (Aft, JS) on the Serenade but DH is VERY apprehensive. I think it would be fun to have a different view for a change but he thinks it will be boring (he wants to be able to see where is is going) and noisy (from Windjammer upstairs). Does anyone have any information about 1602? Thanks for any help...:)
We've been in 1100 on Radiance. We didn't experience any noise from the WJ above. But we were on an Alaskan cruise and it was a bit cold and windy for people to be eating outdoors.

I've never understood the whole "gotta see where you're going" thing. Everyone gets the same views, just at different times! The aft view is amazing, IMO. And does your DH know that the balcony is HUGE?!

I'm a big aft fan. My guess is once you go aft, you'll never go back! :cool:

P.S. Check out my Radiance and Splendour photos linked in my sig for aft view shots.

It's a wonderful cabin! Click on the link in my signature to see some pictures.

The balcony is huge - big enough for two loungers, assorted chairs & a table. You won't get that on the port or starboard side JS cabins. And you get a terrific view not only aft but to starboard and, to a lesser extent, port as well.

The only noise we heard from the WJ was some furniture being moved around in the morning - not enough to keep me awake the first time and not enough to wake me up at all after that. You can hear people chatting up there when you're sitting on your balcony. Also, they can see you when you're standing at the railing, so dress accordingly.

Your DH doesn't need to see where he's going - that's the Captain's job!:D

Aprille, LOL! Needing to see where you're going is like needing to look straight down to the water. Somebody once asked, "why? did you drop something?"

We have sailed several times on the aft of the Radiance class ships, in staterooms on Deck 10 just below the outdoor seating area for the Windjammer. Only very occasionally did we notice any voices or conversation coming from up above--certainly not any more than what might be coming from other balcony neighbors.

We enjoy the view from the aft balconies because you can see scenery on both sides of the ship. In addition, watching the ship's wake is just wonderful--I can't find the right words to describe how sublime it is, day or night.

Staterooms on the aft end of the ship tend to be more quiet---the hallways are used by very few people. It is like living in a house on a cul-de-sac. Another bonus is that the balcony is larger than those of the same stateroom grade elsewhere on the ship.

I am pretty sure you will enjoy this stateroom very much. Tell your husband that there are benches that face forward on out on the helipad. :D

Bon Voyage~~

Leslie

Archived