San Francisco - Alcatraz

CassCruise

We are sailing on the Sun Princess in September and are supposed to dock in SF at 9am we want to go to Alcatraz first up - given it appears we will dock at Pier 35 and the cruise to Alcatraz leaves from Pier 33 what does everyone think - do you think we will be pushing it to make the 9.30am departure???

Possibly and possibly not. I am not familiar with Princess, but I know that most of the cruises we've been on, when they say docked at 9:00 am, often times they are actually docked at 7:00 or 8:00 am, and passengers can got off sooner. I would maybe post on the Princess boards, to see if you can get an answer on docking times. Also if you do take the early excursion to Alcatraz, remember it may be foggy and cool, so bring jackets.

Depends on the day of the week as well. September is our best weather of the year in the Bay Area and can be lots of visitors around. Many of the tickets for Alcatraz are presold and I've seen long lines to buy tickets & board the boat. I think you're pushing it.

Archived