Snorkel in tankini?

KatyDee

Silly question, maybe, but I need to know, anyway. Can you easily snorkel in a tankini or will the top float up? And how far up? Is it really necessary to wear the one piece suit when snorkeling?

KatyDee

I have never had a problem wearing a tankini or a bikini except when I dove off the second deck on the boat and "lost" my strapless bikini top....I wanted to die. But if you are just going to be swimming around you should be fine.

Just remember to put a lot of suntan lotion on your back & the back of your legs. The water magnifies the sun's rays but b/c you're on top of the water you feel cooler than just laying out & don't realize how burned you're getting.

I am a "plus size" & I snorkeled in a tankini.That is something "I" will NEVER do again. My top floated up & my belly hung down. How I know this is because DH took my picture. I was going to throw the photo away but it's so hideously grotesque looking (& very funny) that my sense of humor won out over my vanity & it's displayed in my "cruise photo album".(Right across from the photo of DH snorkeling with HIS big belly hanging down! LOL) Needless to say, my next snorkeling adventure will be done in a one piece "miraclesuit"!

ROFL! Martym, too funny! Ilove that you can laugh at yourself--life is so much more fun that way, isn't it?

Sashapoo, whew, no diving off the boat for me. If you knew me, you'd know that could never happen, anyway.

I will be wearing a snorkel vest so I should be okay. Guess I just needed something to worry about.

Thanks for the replies! I welcome more, especially if you want to dissuade me from wearing the tankini.

Katy

I am a "plus size" & I snorkeled in a tankini.That is something "I" will NEVER do again. My top floated up & my belly hung down. How I know this is because DH took my picture. I was going to throw the photo away but it's so hideously grotesque looking (& very funny) that my sense of humor won out over my vanity & it's displayed in my "cruise photo album".(Right across from the photo of DH snorkeling with HIS big belly hanging down! LOL) Needless to say, my next snorkeling adventure will be done in a one piece "miraclesuit"!

Too funny. Good for you. :D

Rash guards are what all the surfers wear. They, also, provide the best sunblock coverage. Oh and they are super cute !

Here are some examples > http://www.wavejammer.com/wetsuits/rashguards/rashguards305.shtml

http://www.wavejammer.com/wetsuits/rashguards/rashguards429.shtml

I have both of those

Here is a site that has them for men, women and kids > http://www.wavejammer.com/wetsuits/rashguards/rashguards.shtml

Last time we were in Maui, almost every kid at the hotel was wearing one because of the SPF 50+. That way the parents didn't have to keep putting sunscreen on them all day.

- Yvette

Archived