Can You Transfer Back To RCL from a TA

I booked a cruise the RCL last month for the December 16th sailing of the Mariner of The Seas. One day while passing my local AAA office I decided to stop in and see if AAA offered any kind of discounts or credits for this cruise. After talking to her I was suckered into transferring my reservation to her. Well since then I've learned that this lady is dumber than a box of rocks. Not at all the sharpest crayon in the box. When I asked her about a hump room she thought I was being perverted. It took me 30 minutes to get her to understand the young lady with me was my 17 year old DAUGHTER not my wife. So my question is simple..can I transfer my reservation back to RCL. We only paid our deposite so far. Thanks for your help....:)

You should be able to.........but it will depend on your TA.........some may charge a "cancellation" or transfer fee..........AAA should be large enough see if you can transfer to another TA in the agency........now keep in mind I have never done this.......I'm sure I will be corrected if I'm wrong.....

It may be easier for you to cancel (your deposit should be refunded in full) and then re-book, yourself. However, before you do, check to see if there is a price increase. If there is, you should try for the transfer. I've never done it, but it's my understanding that TAs have a lot of control, as far as bookings go. I had one refuse to apply my newly-acheived Diamond balcony discount ... Won't use them again. Good luck!!!

A few weeks ago I transfered my reservation with Cruise Value Center back to RCCL after an incredibly incompetent TA made me swear to never go with a TA again.

So, yes....it can be done (I had originally booked with RCI, then transfered to CVC for some perks. After a few weeks of that, I transfered back to RCI).

Before I did that, I would see if there wasn't another agent in the office who is more knowledgeable and better qualified to handle your reservation and I would probably tell the agent's supervisor the reason for your request. Otherwise, you can transfer the booking back to RCI or to a good TA, but it will probably involve getting your current TA tor release the booking.:)

I don't think switching to another agent within the agency is going to help. Their are only 3 of them in there and they are pretty close. I am affraid that they may try to charge me a cancellation fee. I did write my old TA at RCL to see if she had any ideas or if I should just stick it out.:(

I don't think switching to another agent within the agency is going to help. Their are only 3 of them in there and they are pretty close. I am affraid that they may try to charge me a cancellation fee. I did write my old TA at RCL to see if she had any ideas or if I should just stick it out.:(

They may be pretty close but they must know that your agent is lacking in cruise knowledge and if the agency is interested in keeping your future business, perhaps one of them could backstop your agent to see that your questions are answered correctly and your reservation is handled properly. Did you ask about cancellation fees before you booked with them? Ask now and if there isn't a fee, either transfer your booking to a good TA who you trust, or transfer it to RCI or cancel the booking and rebook with someone who is knowledgeable and who you trust. If that is all too much of a headache, you may have to bite the bullet and live with this agent for this cruise, but remember the lessons you have learned and take them into consideration before you book your next cruise. Good luck.:)

They may be pretty close but they must know that your agent is lacking in cruise knowledge and if the agency is interested in keeping your future business, perhaps one of them could backstop your agent to see that your questions are answered correctly and your reservation is handled properly. Did you ask about cancellation fees before you booked with them? Ask now and if there isn't a fee, either transfer your booking to a good TA who you trust, or transfer it to RCI or cancel the booking and rebook with someone who is knowledgeable and who you trust. If that is all too much of a headache, you may have to bite the bullet and live with this agent for this cruise, but remember the lessons you have learned and take them into consideration before you book your next cruise. Good luck.:)

Thanks for the help and advice:)

Interesting....I asked RCI that the other day and they said I COULDN'T transfer back to them. Maybe that's a UK thing but I would be interested to know for the future. More than happy with my TA at the moment though....

Archived