Freedom to obcessively plan?

We (my parents, husband, 11 month old son, and 3 sisters) just booked on Freedom for the July 29 sailing. YAY!!!!!

I have a few questions for you seasoned cruisers about the schedule so we can plan reservations at the fancy restaurants, etc. Thanks so much in advance.

1) When will the formal nights be?

2) When will the semi-formal night be?

3) What nights will have the big shows (Broadway type shows)?

3a) What time are the shows at?

4) What night is the ice capades? What time is this show?

Phew!

Here is the itinerary if that helps...

Sunday - depart

Monday - at sea

Tuesday - San Juan (3-11pm)

Wed - St. Thomas (8am-6pm)

Thus - St. Marteen (8am-6pm)

Fri- sea

Sat- sea

Sun - Miami

The first formal night is the second night. The second one will probably be the Friday night. I don't recall that we had a semi-formal night on Freedom, but it has been nearly a year since we sailed on Freedom, so I don't recall for sure.

The ice show is repeated three or four times. You can choose the show time and night that best suits your needs.

The stage shows are held twice a night. One is for early dining and one is for late dining. Usually the late dining show is first and the early dining show is second. There are three Broadway -type shows. I do not remember what nights they are scheduled. Usually the first night is a welcome aboard show and is not a Broadway type. Typically the first night has a comedian. The dancers may do one or two dances, if they appear at all. The last night is not a Broadway show either. It is often a juggler or similar--maybe a magician. Then members of every type of crew (waiters, cooks, room stewards, etc.) and officers come out and wave good-bye.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Our 1st formal night was on Monday night, 1st sea day. The 2nd was on Friday night. But I have heard that some had it on Thursday night.

There are no more semi-formal (smart casual) nights anymore. I have heard from some who have had smart casual nights on longer or european cruises. But you will not have any on Freedom. Other than the 2 formal nights, every other night was casual.

The time of the shows depends on your dinner time. We had late, and most shows were after dinner, but a few were before dinner. They have 2 shows a night just to make sure that everyone has a chance to see them. Don't miss the ice show. That was the only show that impressed me....ice skating at sea. It is usually 2 different nights, and I think our show was at 7:00 or so, so that we could still make our dinner time. I don't remember for sure. You will get a paper in your room every day, and the 1st day will tell you when tickets are available for ice shows.

The ice show is repeated three or four times. You can choose the show time and night that best suits your needs.

There are three Broadway -type shows. I do not remember what nights they are scheduled. Usually the first night is a welcome aboard show and is not a Broadway type. Typically the first night has a comedian. The dancers may do one or two dances, if they appear at all. The last night is not a Broadway show either. It is often a juggler or similar--maybe a magician. Then members of every type of crew (waiters, cooks, room stewards, etc.) and officers come out and wave good-bye.

Thanks for the info.

Do you remember what nights the ice skating show is on?

So, the second of the three stage shows is a big production? The other two are variety acts?

Archived