Fantasy review 4/16 -4/21 cruise --short

bahia puller

Got to cruise terminal at 11 am and no crowds at check-in. Was on ship before 12 noon. Cabins were closed off by hall doors until 1:30 pm. At lunch on Lido deck. One bag was delivered around 2pm, rest did not arrive until after 8 pm or later.

Going down the Mississippi river and watching the shore was nice, but had 2 kids so could not watch long.

Food was good and dining room waiter Santama and Cyril were excellent.

Pool was cool on 1st day at sea. Maybe in low 70's water temp. When we got to Mexico the pool water was changed and it was upper 70's water temp. I got in and it was ok, but not 80 degrees.

We would buy funship drinks with no ice and add our own ice and got two drinks for the price of one. Just split them into two funship glasses. Cut our drink bill in half.

Played Bingo alot and won $1200. I have never jumped so high in my life.

Went into Mahahual and the beach bar hustlers immeadiately tugged us to sit at their spot. Some lounge chairs were free , others were $3. We were the only ship that day. We paid $3 for lounges with cushions by the two story massage place. Got my wife a $20 hour massage there. I sat under umbrella with table and drank $10 for 6 beer Corona buckets until I had Corona poisoning. Water was bathtub clear and warm. Pool at pier was MURKY. Town is a ramshackle collection of buildings, but I was always looking at the water- so no problem.

Cozumel -- we swam with the dolphins. Kids and sister liked it. To me it was a big fish and kissing it was a little too close. Sister chastized me for insensitivity for calling the porpoise nothing but a big mullet eating fish (mammal), but to each his own.

Kids did not want to do Camp Carnival until last evening and then it was daughter only.

Two kids and three adults on a large ship with only two walkie talkies meant we were always looking for someone. Seemed like I never got to sit in one spot too long before I was up and trying to find someone.

Next time I will have a walkie talkie FOR EVERYONE.

They had classical music a couple times a day with piano, violin and cello and I got to listen to them for 15 minutes on last day. Chasing kids and family too much.

Last day at sea VERY BAD SMELL of SEWAGE outside Universal Lounge by stairs and Atrium that lasted most of day. Others noticed this besides us.

I would go back again on Fantasy, but I'm not chasing people down next time. Also took too much luggage. Packing less also.

Archived