Pre-Cruise Hotels in Galveston

Kieferbell

I stayed at ramada limited on seawall in february. It was ok and not too expensive, breakfast was just fair. the room was clean and a great view of the beach from the balcony and the beach and shops just across the street.

I am cruising out of Galveston, Texas on the Conquest and am driving in the day prior. Does anyone know of any decent hotels close to the port?
Go to the forums here on the boards and click on "Gulf Coast Departures"....tons of info from other cruisers. Lots on Gaveston......

Yes! We have sailed from there twice. Both times we stay at the Hampton Inn in Texas City. It is close to resturants, a mall and of course a Wal-Mart.

It is about 15 miles from the port. We just returned Sunday (4-22-07).

Hope the weather is good for you.

Judi

Rhapsody-2005

Vision-2006

Rhapsody-2007

I agree,there is none other:D In my opinion. You can leave your car there too!We just rolled our luggage to the terminal.

Here is another vote for the Harbor House! Stayed two nights pre cruise in 3/2007 and watched ships sail in, sail out and rolled our luggage back to our car after debarking (hauling 5 pieces of luggage, a garmet bag and cameras was a dash much). Don't expect too much in the continental breakfast dept but they do have Starbucks coffee :)

• 1 year later...

My BIL asked me about the Baymont Inn and Suites in Galveston. This is one hotel that I have no experience with or knowledge of, besides the rates. Anyone have any comments about the service/rooms, etc? ;)

My BIL asked me about the Baymont Inn and Suites in Galveston. This is one hotel that I have no experience with or knowledge of, besides the rates. Anyone have any comments about the service/rooms, etc? ;)

I'd love to know about the Baymont too....any help out there?!

Thanks!

Howdy! 50.gif

I used the Search this Forum feature with baymont as my key word. At this time, there are 35 threads here including this one containing the word in the title or body of the thread.

For one of them titled Baymont Inn and Suites?, click here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=707098

I sincerely hope this will be helpful!

Kat 070106YA44_prv.gif

I stayed in the Baymont in August 2006.

It was wonderful and clean.

But it had also only been open about a month.

A lot can change in two years, so I don't know about now.

The beds were good, double kings or queens.

Each room had a small balcony.

The bathrooms were big and nice.

It was in easy walking distance to the beach.

Fairly close to the cruise dock by car.

It's right behind a Golden Coral.

I didn't eat there but it smelled really good.

I stayed in the Baymont in August 2006.

It was wonderful and clean.

But it had also only been open about a month.

A lot can change in two years, so I don't know about now.

The beds were good, double kings or queens.

Each room had a small balcony.

The bathrooms were big and nice.

It was in easy walking distance to the beach.

Fairly close to the cruise dock by car.

It's right behind a Golden Coral.

I didn't eat there but it smelled really good.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your experience! :)

Here is another vote for the Harbor House! Stayed two nights pre cruise in 3/2007 and watched ships sail in, sail out and rolled our luggage back to our car after debarking (hauling 5 pieces of luggage, a garmet bag and cameras was a dash much). Don't expect too much in the continental breakfast dept but they do have Starbucks coffee :)

I just called yesterday to make a reservation for the HH and it was $215/night, too rich for my budget.....but, would love to stay there:)

Our group of 14 stayed here prior to our Ecstasy cruise on 5/22 and we all had a great experience. The rooms are very large, the view is the best, walking to board the ship and leaving your car in their secure lot for the duration of the cruise are all some of the best perks. Being close to the strand, having Willie G's so close, the quality toiletries, and StarBucks coffee in the room are also worth mentioning. The continental breakfast is a yawn, but certainly better than nothing. Knowing that you will be on the ship for a gut-busting lunch before noon makes the complimentary breakfast unnecessary anyway. Some posters have complained about the front desk staff, but we had a great experience, they were all very helpful and friendly. There is construction going on that looks like many improvements to public areas are in the works, but the hotel is great just the way it is. Would recommend this facility highly!

I love the HH too. I stayed there May 16 & 17 for a wedding, and 2-3 other times pre cruise. I inquired about the construction (saw the evidence but did not see anyone working on it during the weekend) and the lady at the front desk told me it was doing to be a restaurant.

We will be staying there prior to our 7/26 cruise as well.

Me too!

I heard so many fantastic things that I wanted to book it as well. Galveston.com was quoting $215 but I managed to secure it through some miracle on priceline for $137 including taxes and fees. I also bid for it four months ahead of time. :eek:

I just checked and they are sold out so I'm glad I was an early bird. Whew.

I'll be there the night of July 5. :D

DW and i are considering one night precruise in October. I noticed on this thread, that you can park your car at Harbour House for the duration of the cruise. What is the fee for this, versus the other cruise lots? Any help, advice, or comments would be most appreciated, as would anything anyone could say about the hotel

thanks

DW and i are considering one night precruise in October. I noticed on this thread, that you can park your car at Harbour House for the duration of the cruise. What is the fee for this, versus the other cruise lots? Any help, advice, or comments would be most appreciated, as would anything anyone could say about the hotel

thanks

I got our room for $155......the time before when I called they quoted me $215....so I guess it just depends who's on the phones that day:o She quoted me $20 for parking, but I've heard different rates on parking too:rolleyes:

Archived