President's Cruise, the facts!

The Flames

We were on the Pride crossing with Miss M and continued on the President's cruise.

We first met Pam and her husband Ray at sailaway, had dinner with them one evening and chatted with her frequently. In fact she solicited our opinions and criticisms of Seabourn.

Facts:

We can confirm she hosted a table at least 7 out of the 10 nights of the cruise (unable to confirm the other 3 evenings as we're at the fabulous Two)

She also hosted a President's Reception in St. Michael's Cave in Gibraltar complete with orchestra and champagne.

She conducted a Q+A Session with the pax.

She was at tea to conduct quality control of the goodies (although only the chocolate ones)

She attended the Seabourn Experience via the same buses the pax used.

She attended the evening entertainment at the Show Lounge.

She was in the audience at the Captain's Welcome Reception.

She breakfasted in the Veranda with other pax.

She conducted full ship inspections with the ship's key personnel including the Captain.

She had conversations with pax in The Club, Deck 7, Sky Bar.

Each pax received a couple of small President's Cruise gifts in their cabins.

Opinion:

We found her to be professional, engaging, caring, witty and fun.

While I was not on board, this is essentially the same information - and more - I received from various sources.

It is nice to know that more than one new poster can provide information regarding the President's Cruise.

Hopefully this detail will address the concerns expressed in the other thread. As they say, "The Devil is in the Details!"

Thanks for posting. Hopefully you will continue to do so.

I agree--Pam was very interactive with passengers AND crew. She and Ray were on a shore excursion to Aix-en-Provence and I think they enjoyed it as much as the rest of us did.

Her Q and A in The Club as informative and open to any questions, especially on the newbuilds (alas, no marine drawings).

I enjoyed having "the boss" on our cruise; Pam and Ray fit right into the Seabourn profile (US) and were delightful traveling companions.

Winnie

At the risk of sounding ignorant, I have never heard of a President's cruise. It is exclusive to Seabourn? Does it take a special invitation? Typically how many days? Who's in charge, etc.? Thanks for any info. Jini

I have just received an email from some people from Minnesota, who we became friends with on our Spirit Cruise last year.........I knew they were on a cruise at the moment but it hadn't registered which one....anyway this was in the email:

"Our first ten days on the Pride we had the President of Seabourn onboard. She is quite a lady and really went all out to talk to everyone and get their feelings on things. She also talked to all the crew. We boarded in Lisbon and went to Rome. Our weather was a little on the cool side and stayed that way for the whole trip. "

Archived