2008 Boston to Bermuda.....

discjoker

I am so stupid. I looked and looked on the old sight and couldn't find anything. I was ready to cry. Can't wait to check this out.

Thanks.

I did find that the Majesty wasn't doing it.

For anyone interested - the old sight (the seaweb one) does NOT include this. I just rechecked

Well, the Dream is probably small enough to fit into the berth..hopefully. The Port Authority better get off their butt and deepen the area and enlarge the port before you know it.. Gloucester, yes, Gloucester will be taking over.. they already have a few ships stopping there..

The Dream is a favorite of many NCL cruisers, intimate..and I hope to be on it....eventually.lol

We were hoping to sail from Boston, but it doesn't look like the Dream has many balcony cabins, so we will probably drive the 4hr to NYC to sail on the Dawn. We are excited to see the Dawn will spend 3 days in Bermuda too.

Hello,

I've been waiting, like lots of others, for this news. I'm thrilled to know the Dream will be doing the 7-day out of Boston in 2008. I used the link to the ncl.com page

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/itineraries.html?destinationCode=BERMUDA&destinationCode=EUROPE&shipCode=DREAM

and can see the itineraries. BUT I can't find any pricing. When I click on 'Details' it just shows me the dates and times again. I tried using the ncl.com/beta to search but the Boston cruises don't show up at all. Anyone who can tell me what the problem is or what the pricing is - I'd appreciate it. Suz

We were hoping to sail from Boston, but it doesn't look like the Dream has many balcony cabins, so we will probably drive the 4hr to NYC to sail on the Dawn. We are excited to see the Dawn will spend 3 days in Bermuda too.

There are so few days at sea, the value of a balcony is questionable. But the dream has a fair number on Deck 8

I agree, and with the price they're asking for those balconies, we'd be just as happy in an ocean view!!

I'm happy to see that Boston will have a ship in 08, but in general, I'm not at all pleased with NCL's pricing on any of the 08-09 itineraries...:cool: DH and I were talking about it tonight, and I think the time has come that we may have to look at another line :eek: which we really don't want to do because we love NCL and freestyle, but they're pricing us right out of the market! We can sail a 10 night on the Noordam for a lot less than prices I've found on the Gem...

Hello,

I've been waiting, like lots of others, for this news. I'm thrilled to know the Dream will be doing the 7-day out of Boston in 2008. I used the link to the ncl.com page

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/itineraries.html?destinationCode=BERMUDA&destinationCode=EUROPE&shipCode=DREAM

and can see the itineraries. BUT I can't find any pricing. When I click on 'Details' it just shows me the dates and times again. I tried using the ncl.com/beta to search but the Boston cruises don't show up at all. Anyone who can tell me what the problem is or what the pricing is - I'd appreciate it. Suz

We are booked for the 5/11/08 in a balcony. The pricing is very high. I put my deposit down and we'll see what happens. I figure we can always move down a category or two, but with limited number of balconies they will probably sell out. I actually wanted to booked 5/4, but for some reason that isn't allowing booking. I booked direct through NCL but used the site for information.

https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/

We are booked for the 5/11/08 in a balcony. The pricing is very high. I put my deposit down and we'll see what happens. I figure we can always move down a category or two, but with limited number of balconies they will probably sell out. I actually wanted to booked 5/4, but for some reason that isn't allowing booking. I booked direct through NCL but used the site for information.

https://seaweb.it.ncl.com/consumer/

I have a feeling the 5/4 sailing won't be happening. The Dream will be finishing up an 18 day "Exotic Americas" cruise from Santiago, Chile to Los Angeles on May 1. I am thinking it isn't possible to get from Los Angeles to Boston in 3 or 4 days. Please someone correct me if I am wrong. This leads to another question then. What is the itinerary that will get the Dream TO Boston from Los Angeles?

I have a feeling the 5/4 sailing won't be happening. The Dream will be finishing up an 18 day "Exotic Americas" cruise from Santiago, Chile to Los Angeles on May 1. I am thinking it isn't possible to get from Los Angeles to Boston in 3 or 4 days. Please someone correct me if I am wrong. This leads to another question then. What is the itinerary that will get the Dream TO Boston from Los Angeles?

I think the LA repo will be the cruise that does not sail as planned. Expect a new repo to Boston instead. No reason to go to LA now that the Dream is not going to Asia as planned.

I think the LA repo will be the cruise that does not sail as planned. Expect a new repo to Boston instead. No reason to go to LA now that the Dream is not going to Asia as planned.

Good point, didn't think about that.

Yeah but the dawn will take 2+ days to get there and 2+ days to return :confused: .... everyone else does it in 1+ days ... mabye they have to break in the newly repaired apizod gently :rolleyes:

NCL really needs to get their 2008 repo schedule out. Seems like there are a quite a few sailings that are "iffy" because of all the moving around. Gem, Pearl, Dawn, Dream....

Relax - they are rolling out intineraries that go into 2009 ;) The major changes are days old. They have the ports and days locked for the regular cruises that represent 99% of the itineraries. They need to work on the one off repos.

Yeah but the dawn will take 2+ days to get there and 2+ days to return :confused: .... everyone else does it in 1+ days ... mabye they have to break in the newly repaired apizod gently :rolleyes:

Only one sea day back after a full day in port unlike the others that leave at noon - They can leave a 5pm because of the speed of the Dawn. Not an Azipod issue. I imagine they can't get the pier on Tues but they dock at 8 am. Weds. You lose 3 hours of daytime on the island compaired to the Crown.

Sun New York City - 4:00 PM

Mon At Sea - -

Tue At Sea - -

Wed King's Wharf 8:00 AM Overnight

Thu Overnight Kings Wharf, Bermuda - -

Fri King's Wharf - 5:00 PM

Sat At Sea - -

Sun New York City 8:00 AM -

Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

LOVE the Dream. We had a category DD OV and it was really nice. I especially like the setup of having the seating area (loveseat, two chairs and coffee table) beside the LARGE window. We really enjoyed sitting there, reading and having coffee while we watched the water.

Can't wait!

Barb

I'd like opinions, please. I can't descide between the Dawn and Dream for Bermuda. I've been on the Dawn and loved it. Never been on the Dream but would love to take a smaller ship in that can go through the cut. One thing that turns me off about the Dream is that I've read it doesn"t have a Lido buffet. Can anyone tell me anything good about the Dream?

I'd like opinions, please. I can't descide between the Dawn and Dream for Bermuda. I've been on the Dawn and loved it. Never been on the Dream but would love to take a smaller ship in that can go through the cut. One thing that turns me off about the Dream is that I've read it doesn"t have a Lido buffet. Can anyone tell me anything good about the Dream?

Cruising aboard the Dawn has to be twice as great as cruissing abouard the Dream, because it is basically twice as large, with twice as much of everything.

But St. George is more than twice as great as King's Wharf. A great beach is within walking distance to the ship.

So, the main choice is, St. George vs the Dawn. In my opinion, it's a toss up. If you live closer to Boston, I would pick the Dream. If you live closer to New York, I would pick the Dawn. If you live equal distant between those cities, pick the city you would rather drive through, and I would pick Boston.

Whichever ship you decide upon, enjoy Bermuda.

We'll keep going back and forth between the Dream and the Dawn for quite awhile because the prices are too high for now.

BTW, we loved Snorkel Beach at King's Wharf. It had two great floats with waterslides that I enjoyed very much. The bar on the beach was great too.

We enjoyed going to Horseshoe Bay Beach, but looked forward to the little beach at Snorkel Park when we returned because it was so cozy and a short walk to the ship.

If I didn't live less than a hour from Boston, I would book the Dawn in a NY minute. I'm still leaning towards that 4 hour drive to NYC because the Dawn has so much more to offer. Maybe we can spend a couple nights at Foxwoods to breakup the drive home.

We'll keep going back and forth between the Dream and the Dawn for quite awhile because the prices are too high for now.

BTW, we loved Snorkel Beach at King's Wharf. It had two great floats with waterslides that I enjoyed very much. The bar on the beach was great too.

We enjoyed going to Horseshoe Bay Beach, but looked forward to the little beach at Snorkel Park when we returned because it was so cozy and a short walk to the ship.

If I didn't live less than a hour from Boston, I would book the Dawn in a NY minute. I'm still leaning towards that 4 hour drive to NYC because the Dawn has so much more to offer. Maybe we can spend a couple nights at Foxwoods to breakup the drive home.

We're in Quincy and I choose the 4 hour (actually took 61/2) hour drive to NYC with 4 kids in the car to take the Dawn. But that was for an 11 day cruise. If I were going to Bermuda, I'd just go from Boston. You're really not on the ship that much to take advantage of all the Dawn has to offer. The smaller ship is fine for Bermuda.

The Dawn vs. Dream debate boils down to two very distinct desires.

Are you going on this cruise to experience Bermuda? Then you sail on the Dream.

Are you going on this cruise for the sake of cruising? Then you sail on the Dawn.

For me, my cruises to Bermuda are all about spending as much time in Bermuda as I can. If the Dawn spent more time on the island, we would gladly drive the 4 hours through awful traffic to set sail, and happily wave at the Statue of Liberty as we steamed by. However, as it is the Dream that will give us the best Bermuda run for our money, we will gladly book passage on her (and be secretly glad that she’s an hour from my house).

To us it is all about getting the most time in Bermuda that we can and whatever ship provides that for us is the clear winner.

Oh yeah, and St. George vs. Dockyard? :rolleyes: ……. mmmmmm? St. George, duh! :)

Cube

for all the "regular" passengers yearly on the Majesty's Boston Bermuda run there shouldnt be much of a difference cruising-wise. they are both around the same size (will make the St George cut) both have been stretched...although the Dream isnt as "navigable" on board walking about as the Majesty, the Dream still presents that same ole comfortable ship without all the glitter and "toys" of the newer and larger ships and that's precisely the market the Majesty has attracted year after year...I'll bet also that when given the chance a lot of the Majesty crew will jump at the chance of doing the Boston tour 2 days sea, three 1/2 days land, 2 days sea. nothing like sitting on deck overlooking the White Horse Tavern and St George Sq. the only difference in 2008 will be that NCL interupts the Boston to Bermuda run from Mid august to mid september for a couple of Canada runs out of Boston which in itself is good for those not wanting to run to NYC to do one of those fall cruises.. all in all... we could have had "no" cruise from Boston other than Holland America or short term visits by RCCL. i think getting to know another cruise ship will be fun.

Weary T

Archived