What to do in G.C. - NOT sting rays

BethV114

Hi all. We'll be in port at Grand Cayman next month with the Liberty (RCCL)and were wondering what to do while we're there. After the whole crocodile hunter incident, the DH is hesitant to do any of the sting ray excursions. Also, we both love animals (and I won't eat them!) so the turtle farm is out, as well. Any other suggestions for a couple who are in their late twenties and reasonably physically fit? (We're also not huge fans of shopping, so please don't suggest that, either!).

Thanks so much for the help:D :D

Honestly...about the stringrays...my husband and I went through the websited posted above and went on a catamaran out to stingray city and then they took us snorkeling. We are both in our mid 20s and LOVED it! We had a local guide with us in the water and only about 15 people versus the HUGE group that went through the cruise ship for their excursion. I felt very safe...and this is coming from someone who was initially terrified to get into the water. These are a different type of stingray than the ones that the crocodile hunter was filming with. Plus they are very used to people. The water was up to just below my rib cage, and I'm about 5'6". The snorkeling afterwards was awesome! They took us to two different locations and our guide knew just where to find the animals...got the moray eel out of its cave. AWESOME!

Archived