PERSONAL BELONGINGS What do you do with them?

gettingmarried

You leave valuables on the ship if possible. What you have to have with you, you can put in a waterproof holder, or you have to leave it on the boat and take your chances. Many people take turns with one participating and one watching the valuables, but that is no fun.

Also depending, your stuff could be lockered at the excursion or may be safe on the boat...

We do the stupid thing of leaving them on the beach in a backpack and watch from the water. Although we don't take much money with us. We also spread it out. Hubby also has a pouch in his swim trunk that zippers and he puts a few items in that.

I use a waterproof waist bag and all the money goes inside, along with anything else of value like our credit card. This way, we can be in the water and not have to worry about keeping track of our valueables on the beach. A very little investment for peace of mind while you are on beach excursions. Many different types are available if you do a search for waterproof packs online.

Use a waterproof waist pouch. Magellans has a couple of different sizes depending on your needs.

Works great for snorkeling. Need t make sure to push all the air out of the waterproof ziplock bag or it will float on you ;)

I bought a plastic safe box a few years ago. It fastens with a combination lock, and has a steel cable which can be wrapped round a tree, post or whatever.

As you can't bring guard dogs or automatic weapons on cruises, and the fare for bringing a bodyguard is prohibitive, I guess we all have to take risks.... sometimes asking a fellow passenger to look after your bag is the best solution:)

Use a waterproof waist pouch. Magellans has a couple of different sizes depending on your needs.

Works great for snorkeling. Need t make sure to push all the air out of the waterproof ziplock bag or it will float on you ;)

Just a suggestion - Maybe using one of those one might want to leave a little air in it so it will float in case one loses it. :eek: ;)

We purchased for about $5 a little water tight plastic case from the ship's store. It is large enough for cruise cards, a credit card and few dollar bills. With the lanyard, that comes attached to it, the plastic case hangs around your neck or as I did, tied to a strap in my shorts pocket. As for anything of value, like a camera, I wouldn't leave anything unattended that I didn't want to lose.:eek:

Archived