Naps at Camp Carnival?

mommyof4girls

Does anyone know if there is a place for the little ones to nap during Camp Carnival? My 2.5yo DD takes nap at different times on different days. Sometimes she crawls on the couch at 11am for a nap (wakes at 6am), but sometimes it is as late as 4pm or not at all. I am not sure what to expect from her schedule during our cruise on the Sensation in May. If she lays down in the middle of the room (which she just might if she is too tired) and looks tired will they put her somewhere quiet or call me?

Thanks for any input, advice or experiences you have had.

We didn't start cruising until my youngest was 5, so I can't answer for certain about napping policy. Camp Carnival does have mats and towels that that they use for late night, I would think those would be available at other times during the day.

You can plan somewhat for a daily break between noon-2:00 when the programs stop for lunch. Perhaps you can take your little one for a quick lunch and then back to the cabin for a nap before rejoining Camp in the afternoon. If you have a balcony, it will be a nice quiet time for you to head out there with a book (or with dh for some quiet "conversation" ;)). If you have a hard time settling her in the cabin, you may want to have an umbrella stroller handy and you can do a stroll around the corredors- with all the activities she might fall asleep as you walk around, then you can roll her on back to the cabin and into bed for a nap.

Early dinner is great if you want DD to eat in the dining room with you. You can just about fit in dinner and then drop her at Camp Carnival right around 7:00 pm before you head for evening activities. Some people prefer to feed the littlest ones in the cabin via room service or at casual dining and then take them to Camp before going on to the dining room for a later adults only dinner. It's your choice depending on what you want. Ask yourself what you want out of your dining room experience (eating with a toddler and all those challenges, or taking advantage of quiet dinners with dh while babysitting is provided!).

You'll have a great time! Enjoy.

When we were on the Spirit it seemed too loud and rowdy for a nap. It seems as though they would call you because she might get stepped on. I really don't remember there being any areas where they might be able to put her. My son wouldn't go to Camp Carnival at all and we made time for a family nap before getting ready for dinner. It worked out really well for us and we had late seating. DS was really well behaved through the whole dinner everynight. We did take a toy and luckily we were in a booth because he wouldn't have sat there that long otherwise.

Thanks for all the advice! I think I am going to schedule naps for my 2yo & 4yo during the Camp Carnival breaks. Then DH can take my older 2 DDs to the pool or have some quiet time in our other room. When we do Disney World I always make the 4 DDs take a nap or have quiet reading time after lunch. It makes so much difference in everyone's mood and vacation enjoyment!

Archived