Seabourn Survival Bags

shefinch

Does anybody else feel as I do that these are a complete waste of space?? It's very nice to get one the first time but after four, what does one do with four recipes for breadsticks and eight blow up cushions (that don't blow up very well!) Surely Seabourn could find something else to spend their money on like bringing back more caviar!!!

Does anybody else feel as I do that these are a complete waste of space?? ....blow up cushions (that don't blow up very well!) Surely Seabourn could find something else to spend their money on like bringing back more caviar!!!

I agree, and the pillows have a funny odor about them as well. I feel the same way with the ticket holder. The luggage tags are useless, since the straps open too easily. Plus the container is, in my opinion, useless as well. Just send me the paperwork, no bag with unremoveable label; and let me use an old Seabourn document holder. The kind with a decent currency compartment and lots of room.

Jane

PS: But I do love the muslin tote bags and one can never have enough of them!

Jane,

I agree about the ticket holder as well. As you say the new labels are not nearly as good as the old ones. I quite like the bag it comes in though. I use it as a shoe or handbag bag. I think I do have too many tote bags. I always take one with me in case they stop handing them out and then I wind up with two. Larry used the other one this time- stops him losing his glasses!

Shelagh

I also think Seabourn needs to re-think the Survival kits. They are, at best, "gimmicky". I would rather see the money used for either caviar, or even fresh hot canapes at the club, as in days back! (Or how about real leather doc holders, that fold. The new holders are cumbersome, and don't readily fit in the zip pouch of the carry-on)

Put the bean counters on a cruise, and let them see for themselves!!

Host Dan

We didn't get a survival package, nor a muslin tote bag. :mad: This was just last month. As a first time Seabourn cruiser I would have liked to have received them.

I agree that the leather docs holder is useless as are the luggage tags, same issue, they can come off too easily. I do like the leather holder for the cruise card, I'm now using it daily to display my bus pass when I commute to work. Granted, doesn't make me feel like I'm boarding the Legend, but it does bring a smile to my face when I see the logo on the front.

>"I think I do have too many tote bags."

I don't think one can ever have too many tote bag. On Seabourn I use them to hang on the closet hooks and put my 'smalls' in them. among other things. I carry one of them in my purse here at home. In fact today, I had my mail in it and my neighbor who works for SilverSeas feigned 'heresy' and left me one of hers!

It's great advertising.

Strange that you didn't receive a Survival Kit on your March Cruise. We all received one on our April Transatlantic. (Maybe the leftovers, sort of like the 1st place trivia "gift"...broke it today..by accident of course)

Host Dan

I left my Survival Kits behind on the last couple of cruises--just something useless to pack (although the anti-bacterial gel would have been welcome at the BEGINNING of the cruise). The best going away gift would be a Seabourn T-shirt (no longer available in the so-called boutique--except for a very pricey fancy one).

Never saw any sight of a survival kit in 4 B2B's...but don't want the bread stick recipe anyway!! I may be tempted to try and cook them......I use the tote bag all the time...for knitting, sewing etc etc...looking forward to TWO more next year!! (I should also get my 100 day pin!!) :D

I agree that the leather docs holder is useless as are the luggage tags, same issue, they can come off too easily. I do like the leather holder for the cruise card, I'm now using it daily to display my bus pass when I commute to work. Granted, doesn't make me feel like I'm boarding the Legend, but it does bring a smile to my face when I see the logo on the front.

Leather? ........ I think they are plastic!

I can do without them too.

Just my 2 cents on the "leather" doc holders. :p

I really liked the color of my RSSC doc holder

DSCN0145.jpg

In My Opinion, I would like to see Seabourn change the color on the doc holder on a yearly basis. And maybe they could get Pinkie to come up with a branding iron with the year on it, and brand those poor Naugas mecry.gif

Congratulations Dan on the breaking of your Trivia prize! Brian gave his to Shelagh who managed to break one of hers before leaving Portugal, she has only 3 more to break now:D .

I agree totally about the survival pack, we leave them onboard, we also use the old luggage tags and document wallet. Hooray for progress:rolleyes: . We all know that the people at Seabourn read these boards so why not do a survey of all your "guests" to see what they want or more importantly don't want. Please keep the tote bags though!!!!!

As for the antibacterial gel all you have to do is get ill at the beginning of the cruise and they give you some then:D :D.

Kathryn

Dan

I guess you were "lucky" 'cause we didn't get a survival kit - and we were onboard for 3 weeks in the Caribbean (Feb./March) - however we thought they were pretty useless anyway! We could not blow up the pillow as it stuck together and we gave up. The original leather document holders were wonderful and we kept ours so we just switch to them when we get new tickets for each cruise - the old ones are less bulky and much easier to use. And Dan, we agree - Seabourn should spend the money on the hot nibblies in the Club - they were wonderful but have been gone for a long time now!!

CeeJay

Kathryn,

We did manage to get the other 3 Trivia glasses back intact - it became a challenge - Larry stuffed them with my (clean) knickers and we put them in the cases!

CeeJay,

Agree about bringing back the hot canapes in the Club but on balance I think I would rather have more caviar!!

Shelagh

Fellow Sailors,

It is great that we can discuss any and all things Seabourn on this forum. However, to really get your points across, make a note of it on your end-of-cruise comment card. Coming from "cash customers," both Seabourn shipboard and shore-side staff will begin to take notice and hopefully do something about it.

I agree Paul...but...have mentioned to no avail...the lack of t-shirts of quality with embroidered logo. My husband loves them and has them from past cruises...but none for the last several trips. Do not understand it...as they are so popular.

Fellow Sailors,

It is great that we can discuss any and all things Seabourn on this forum. However, to really get your points across, make a note of it on your end-of-cruise comment card. Coming from "cash customers," both Seabourn shipboard and shore-side staff will begin to take notice and hopefully do something about it.

I do not know about that Paul. When Pam will not even send herself or have somebody send a form letter to a cash customer that had problems on their first cruise, shrug.gif

I've started another thread regarding ways Seabourn can improve their cruise experience and things about the Seabourn cruise experience we'd like to remain intact. Lets keep this thread "on topic" about Survival Kits themselves.

Host Dan

Archived