The Miracle is leaving right now for it's first NYC Caribbean run!!!

Sandi149

And she started pulling away from the pier right at 4:20, if you are planning your Sailaway activities...

Baseballdad, do you happen to know if they allow kids at the aft bar during sailaway? A couple of the ladies on my roll call have children so we need to know if we have to move our sailaway meet and greet party somewhere else.

Thanks. :)

Hi Sandy, Have you decided what you are going to do in Puerto Rico. I am sailing right after you in June amd I was wondering if there is a beach close by the dock so if we got off right away we could get in a few hours of beach time before dark or shoud we just go to the fort. I think it's close to port. I'm not to thrilled about being there from 4-midnight but it's better than not going at all.

Hi Sandy, Have you decided what you are going to do in Puerto Rico. I am sailing right after you in June amd I was wondering if there is a beach close by the dock so if we got off right away we could get in a few hours of beach time before dark or shoud we just go to the fort. I think it's close to port. I'm not to thrilled about being there from 4-midnight but it's better than not going at all.

My husband and I plan on taking a cab up to El Morro and then walking back down through the streets of Old San Juan and then having some drinks and apps at the Parrot Club. Since we will be going without our children, this will be a very romantic vacation for the two of us. :p:D

My husband and I just got off the Miracle this morning in NYC after a 6 day cruise to Bermuda. She just came out of dry dock and one new thing I noticed is a mini golf course up near the jogging track. None of the hot tubs on board worked for the whole cruise. Someone said that they didn't get their permits in time. It was a somewhat cooler cruise than we are used to and those hot tubs would have been great!! The pools were freezing. We had a lot of sunshine and temps in the high 60s to low 70s. The first day we had 10 ft. waves and a lot of people were sick. It was so bad that they had to cancel the evening show. The bad weather lasted all day the first day but when we got to Bermuda we had plenty of sunshine. We had a very short time in Bermuda (only a day and a half) and then we had a day in Newport, RI. I wish we could have stayed in Bermuda longer and skipped Newport. Any questions, please ask.

I don't know what all they did to her in drydock, but here's a couple of pics of her getting spruced up in Freeport;

2605910460065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

2003192500065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

And a Carnival reunion of sorts (Photo taken from Glory, over Celebration, of Miracle in dry dock)

2955046880065094172S600x600Q85.jpg

My husband and I just got off the Miracle this morning in NYC after a 6 day cruise to Bermuda. She just came out of dry dock and one new thing I noticed is a mini golf course up near the jogging track. None of the hot tubs on board worked for the whole cruise. Someone said that they didn't get their permits in time. It was a somewhat cooler cruise than we are used to and those hot tubs would have been great!! The pools were freezing. We had a lot of sunshine and temps in the high 60s to low 70s. The first day we had 10 ft. waves and a lot of people were sick. It was so bad that they had to cancel the evening show. The bad weather lasted all day the first day but when we got to Bermuda we had plenty of sunshine. We had a very short time in Bermuda (only a day and a half) and then we had a day in Newport, RI. I wish we could have stayed in Bermuda longer and skipped Newport. Any questions, please ask.

Were the seas rough on the way back too? I am prone to seasickness....but will be taking lots of meds with me. Hopefully when we go the seas out of NY will be a bit calmer.

Sandi

See if you can find out anything or rumors about Miracle coming to Baltimore in 2008??

Thanks

Jerry

What do you think I'm a bigwig with Carnival? LOL!!!!! :p:D I have no idea if she will go to Baltimore or not.

I'm not sure but I think the Miracle is too large to get into Baltimore. I believe I had read something to that effect on one of the other threads.

It sailed from Baltimore in 2004, so yes it can fit...but its just a rumor at this point if it will be sailing from Baltimore in 08

Did they take away the basketball/volleyball court to put in minigolf?

Who's the CD??

This reminds me of the last time she was in NY in 2004.

We were in the city, and saw both her, the Legend, and the Victory. We wanted to see them at sailaway, so instead of hanging out at the docks, we headed over to Weehawken to the Charthouse for dinner and the nice view of the city.

The reflections from the the setting sun reflected a magnificent white as she sailed proudly past us. The Legend wasn't too far behind. The Victory never came before we left.

The bad news was I didn't have my camera. The good news was that I was boarding her upon her return.

Did the "Miracle" get new bedding while in drydock. If so, how was it? What else was new or redone that you noticed while on the Ship? Were the Cabins redone, new bedspreads, drapes ,carpet? Interested in knowing as We sail in Sept.'07 too. Thanks IKE

Archived